Dean X Reader.

You were sleeping on the couch after a long night of staying up late, studying the case the boys were working on.   When suddenly you felt a someone poke your side, several times.  Alarms went off in your head drowsily as you, as quickly as you could, pulled out your knife from under your pillow and held it to the figure's neck. 

" Woah there sweetheart its just me. Calm down."  Dean said softly.  You peer through the dark, and see Deans figure. You throw the knife on the table and lie back on the couch. 

" Damn it Dean! What the heck?"  You mumbled, sighing. 

" I'm sorry, I just thought you wanted to sleep in a bed for once." he whispered. 

" Did you not see I was fine?"  you sigh, trying to get comfortable again. 

" Well I heard you from my room, you were tossing and turning, I thought you were going to fall off the couch and roll all over the place." Dean said gruffly. 

You looked up at Dean and smiled a little bit.  "I don't have a room."  you said, sorta knowing what he meant by getting a bed. 

" Yeah, you can take my bed, I don't mind sleeping on the couch." he said, shrugging. 

" Yeah you' re not getting me to move."  you said testing him. 

" Yeah? And I'm sick of hearing you toss and turn. Its annoying. Soo if you' re not going to move, then I'm going to make you move."  he harshly whispered and scooped you up in his arms, bridal style.

"Bitch put me down!"  you whisper yell.

" Shut up princess, I'm in no mood to argue. I'm tired."  Dean growled.

You reluctantly lay your head on his shoulder and close your eyes as he carries you to bed. He drops you on the bed, waking you up, and starts walking away.  You wanted to ask him to stay but you couldn't find it in you to ask.  You get under the covers and inhale his scent through the blankets and pillows.  You sigh and go back to sleep.  

But sleep doesn't come. Nightmares of previous hunts and deaths of people haunt you and you begin to whimper and cry in your sleep.  Suddenly you feel the bed move under someone' s weight and someone pulls you close to them and begins to sing softly, " Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest... don' t you cry no more..."  

Your eyes flutter open and you turn to face Dean who was smiling.  He wiped your tears away, and said softly, " Its okay, you' re here. I'll stay here with you, in case those nightmares come back. We' ll fight them off together,mkay?" 

"Okay."  you whisper, and you snuggle close to him, his warmth giving you comfort and his heartbeat becoming a lullaby to you, as your eyes fell heavy. You drifted to sleep, and this time, you slept peacfully.