Chapter 27

Despite blench waking up, she has been sobbing in my embrace ever since. She still cannot accept the truth. Regardless of how many times I stroke her hair and tell her that everything is gonna be okay, she wouldn't listen. Even her family had her no choice.

It has been like this like forever until my phone vibrates.

"Irving."
.
.
.
"What? Okay, I'm coming over now." I hung up and gently placed blench back on her bed.

"Sweetheart, I had some things to attend to. Rest okay?" I said and kissed her forehead before I left.

"Everything okay?" Zion asked and I nod.

I quickly entered my Audi R8 and drive back to my office. If what happened is because of her, she better be sorry.

Earlier on

"Irving"

"Mr. Irving, it's Den."

Den, my PA

"What is it?"

"The team and I have checked thoroughly about the accident and caught the driver who hit blench and Chloe Jansen car. Its a person whose name is Gladys."

What the heck?!

"We found out she has just been out of the prison."

"What?! I'm coming over now."

My body is filled with rage. Boiling red is my color right now.

Within several minutes, I reached my office and when the elevator pings to a halt, I stormed out. Den was waiting for me outside the elevator.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Irving." He said as he stood beside me.

"Where's that bitch?" I hissed and he showed me the way.

The door opened and there she is, handcuffed, accompanied by two police officers, bruises everywhere. She was smirking at me when she saw me. How dare she!

"Why did you do that? Do you know you caused blench to become blind and you ruined our wedding?" I said, almost shouting.

"That was my intention, Brandon."

Her intention?!

"The twin caused me to lose everything! I want them to have a taste of what they did. They deserved it!" She laughed.

Mad, she's mad. Way too mad! If she wasn't a girl, I would immediately bash her up to the extent that she couldn't even stand.

"Take her away," I said to the police officers and she's gone.

So it's really her.

I shouldn't have underestimated this woman.

"Mr. Irving," Den said.

"What?" I replied annoyed.

"Do you want to tell miss Jansen and her family about what happened?"

Not now...

"I'll tell them myself," I said.

"I'm going back to the hospital."

When I was about to leave, den stopped me.

"Mr. Irving, before you go, we have some huge problems."

Huge problems? What is the huge problem more huge than blench?

"The house that you have bought... the seller is changing his mind now."

What? Okay, this is really a huge problem. I have bought a seaside house for blench and me after our marriage life. I wanted to give her a surprise.

"What is the dealer up to?"

"The house you bought for nine hundred thousand right? He is requesting for one million and four hundred thousand."

What?!

"Get him on the line." I hissed and the rest of the day passes with me dealing with problems.

The next day, I flurried to fetch blench home. Wilson called me yesterday evening that blench could be discharged. But, he also told me another thing.

He told me that there's a way to treat blench. A way that we could try. But there's a high risk as not many people have done it. But, of course, we need blench consent first.

I parked my SUV outside the hospital entrance and there I saw my baby girl, sitting in the wheelchair, wearing sunglasses with Wilson pushing her out and her family behind.

"Brandon," Wilson said when he saw Me.

"You told them? About the treatment..." I asked.

"Not yet. Thought that you would like to."

Great.

"Okay."

Next, I squat down and took blench hand. Boy, it sure is icy cold.

"Blench. You feeling okay?" I asked.

"I don't know Brandon."

Of course, I'm asking a stupid question.

"Let's get you home."

As such, we bid our goodbyes to Wilson and I drove them home. The whole car trip was silence.

I carried blench in her room and placed her gently on her bed once we reached home. After that, I wanted to tell her family after the treatment and the incident.

"What is it, Brandon?" Mum asked as Chloe and Zion sit on the couch.

"My PA had conducted an investigation of the incident and we found out that it is not a normal accident."

Everybody eyes widen just upon I finished saying.

"What do you mean by that?" Zion asked.

"Gladys was the one who hit the car."

Chloe gasped and immediately hugged zion while mum started to cry.

"She's in police custody."

"Why would she want to do that?" Mum asked, voice filled with horror.

"I don't know." "But, I have a good news too."

Everybody eyes lit up.

"Wilson told me that there's a way to let her regain her sight. But, I would like to have the consent of all of you before asking blench." I said, clasping my hand.

"Of course we will agree on it. We would be willing to do anything just to allow blench to regain her sight." Chloe said.

After all of the discussion, all of us agreed to tell blench but the sound of a vase dropping alarmed us. We ran into the room and saw pieces of glass on the floor and blench is standing!

"Blench, what are you doing?" I asked and held her close enough to check for signs of cuts and injuries.

"Brandon, is it true that I can regain my sight?" She asked.

She heard it!

"Yes, sweetheart."

"Really?"

"Yes. See, I told you there's still hope for you to recover." I said and she smiled.

She's smiling!

"Then what are we waiting for? Can we do it tomorrow?"

What? Tomorrow?! Boy, she sure is impatient.

"No, not tomorrow. But I will let Wilson know, to let him arrange the operation to be conducted as soon as possible." I said and she hugged me tightly.

The others were standing in the hallway, smiling and flowing tears of joy.

So, the life of the lovely and lively blench Jansen is coming back.