chapter 18

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.  "Angel, baby? Please open the door."  It was Anthony.   I didnt say anything.  He knocked again. "Angelina?".  Again I stayed silent.  I heard him sigh.  "Alright I get it.  You dont want to talk to me.  I just want to let you know I love you and I always will."   There was a small pause.  "My friend's here and he's about to sign the papers."  Then I heard him walk away.

His friend was here already?  Hmmm...mustve been in here longer than I thought.  I slowly got up, and cautiously opened the door.  When I finally opened the door all the way, everyone was staring at me. Mr. and Mrs. Blake had understanding smiles on their face.  Kevin was smirking...Why he was smirking? I have no idea.  He mustve did something and I dont want to know what.  Anthony was looking at me, forcing a smile.  His eyes were full of hurt and sorrow.  I know me leaving was killing him inside, but he slept with another woman.  He broke my heart.  I dont know if anyone can fix it.   Anyways, next to Anthony was a tall, blonde man with brown eyes.  He was wearing a dark green button down shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes.  He was handsome, i have to admit, but he was nothing compared to Anthony.  Anthony's friend was staring at me with loving eyes and a sweet smile.  I slowly walked toward them all and stopped next to Mrs. Blake.  She gave me a small hug and introduced me to my new guardian.

"Angelina, this is Thomas Evans.  He's Anthony's friend from college.  He'll be your new guardian, if you want him too."  Mrs. blake explained.

"I want him to."  Mrs. Blake nodded. 

"Hello Angelina.  You can call me Tom if you want. Thomas sounds too...not me."  He chuckled.  I gave a small smile.   "So. I guess we better get on with signing these paper then?" he asked.

"Oh of course."  Mrs. Blake said.

"Ok Tom. just sign here. Here. Here. Initial here. and the date here."  Kevin instructed.  "Anthony, all you have to do is sign here and initial here.  Put the date there.  Ok so its official.  Tom, you have full custody of Angelina.  Anthony, you are no longer need to care for Angelina.  But I'm guessing you could never do that. So...What now?" 

"I think I should pack my things and leave." I finally said.

"Oh sweety! While you were in the bedroom, i went up to the penthouse and packed some of your clothes...not all of them in case you decide to come back.  I really hope you do." Mrs. Blake said.

"Thank you."  I gave her a hug.

"So Angelina, ready to see your new home?" Tom asked.  I nodded.  I gave Mr. and Mrs. Blake a hug.  I went over to Kevin and gave him a big hug and thanked him for all he's done.  I finally turned back around to Tom, signalling I was ready to go.  He picked up my suitcase and we headed for the door.  But someone grabbed my hand, causing me to look at who it was.  Anthony.  I looked him in the eyes.  Tears were threatening to spill down his face. 

"I love you Angel.  Please dont leave.  I need you.  Please." He begged.  I gave him a sympathetic look.   I looked down breaking my gaze from him. Then back up to meet his eyes.  I turned around and walked out with Tom following behind.  I left Anthony, saying nothing to him.  ME and Tom got to the elevator and waited for it to come to this floor.  I looked  back to see Anthony leaning in the doorway, watching me as I left.  I could see tears rolling down his face.  I know I was hurting him, but I need time.  I still havent gotten over what had happened.  Then the elevator doors opened. Tom got in first with my suitcase, I followed but stopped in the doorway to take one last look at Anthony before I left.

"I love you too." I said softly, but loud enough for Anthony to hear.  His face lit up and I walked into the elevator.  The elevator went down and in no-time we were in the lobby.  I ifollowed Tom t ohis car.  I black Ferrari. Niiiiccce.  "I LOVE your car." I said.

he laughed. "Thanks.  The minute I saw it, I just had to have it." He said imitating a gay man. (No offense to gays.)  Causing me to laugh.

I got in and we drove away form the hotel.  I looked back and i swear i saw Anthony standing on the balcony of his penthouse, looking out as we drove away.  I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

"So where do you live?" I asked.

"Only 20 minutes away from here.  It's close to your school." I nodded.  "Soooo...I guess Anthony screw up big time"

"You guessed right."

"He told me everything over the phone.  He's really sorry Angelina.  He only did it to protect you."

"I know, but he really hurt me.  I dont know if i can trust him anymore.  I mean, is he going to sleep with someone else to protect me?  I dont want that to happen again.  But he only did it because he loves me.  He knew I couldnt deal with someone trying to steal him away from me.  UGGHHHH!!!! I'm so confused!!!  What do I do? DO I forgive him, or make him suffer for what he did? What do you think I should do?"

"I think you should do whatever your heart tell you to."

"MY heart says forgive him and go back to him, but my brain says he'll just do it again."

"Like I said.  Follow your heart."

We sat in silence for the rest of the car ride.  We finally got to his house.  It was small, but big enough for 2 people.  He led me inside.  It was very countryish.  Not what I was expecting. He mustve saw the look on my face.

"My mother decorated.  Not exactly how I pictured my bachelor's pad, but its nice."  He led me to me room.  It plain.  White walls, blue bed spread, a closet, a dresser, mirror. The basics.  I laid down on my bed and instantly fell asleep.  It was a very very very very long day.