chapter 4

We arrived at my parents' home.  I was dreading the idea of seeing them, let alone talking.  But everything will be alright with Mr. Blake there. He promised. 

The front door burst open just as i was getting out of the car.

"ANGELINA MARIE SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!" It was my mother. Her eyes were full of hate and anger...No sign of love or worry.  Then she saw Mr. Blake.  "You were with this boy weren't you? You know something? YOU'RE A LITTLE UNGREATFUL SLUT!  I can honestly say that I WISH YOU WEREN'T MY DAUGHTER!  You are an embarrassment to this family! I should've got rid of you before you were born!"

"OH REALLY?! Am I the one getting drunk every night? Am I the one who spends all their money on alcohol? Am I the one who cheats on their husband?  YOUR"E THE ONE WHO's THE SLUT NORA!! Now i know you don't love me and you never did!!!"  I was full of rage.  You don't know how long I've wanted to say that to my "mother".

Right after I said that she slapped me...hard.  So hard I fell to the ground.  She kicked my stomachand my face repeatedly. Then she stopped. I looked up and saw my dad was holding her back.  Mr. Blake came and kneeled down next to me and held me tight as i cried into his chest.

"Let go of my David! This little BITCH needs to be taught a lesson!  She cant speak to me that way! I'm her mother!"

"Nora, calm down!  Yes, she may need to be taught a lesson, but if you end up killing her we're going to jail! Do you want that? and she's my daughter too.  I want to punish her just as badly as you, but there's a witness right there to defend her."

"Your'e right David."  My father let go of my Mother.  "Get inside now so we can...discuss your punishment"  She said the word discuss with venom in her voice.  I was scared and felt so helpless.  "GET UP NOW!!!!!"   I flinched at the tone in her voice.  I held onto Mr. Blake.  He said he'd stay by my side no matter what.

Mr. Blake spoke up finally. "Umm excuse me? Mr. and Mrs Smith, but I came here with Angelina so
I could discuss something with you both."

"Oh what is it? Is it about how bad we are as parents? Well I can assure you mister, we are the best parents in town and no one is gonna tell us how to treat our daughter"

I laughed at my mother's words. "What's so funny young lady? You can be sure you wont be laughing later"

"Mrs. Smith. That's not why i came here..." Mr. Blake was cut off

"Then why..." my mother gasped "Your'e pregnant aren't you?!" She said pointing to me. "You little whore!  How dare you make me a grandmother at my age!!!   You know what?! Get out of my house! I never want to see you little whore again! and i definitely don't want to see that demon baby of yours!"

"Mrs. Smith that's.." again my mother cut him off. "I don't know who you are, but i want you to get my daughter out of here! now." My mother spoke to Mr. Blake with hate.

I'looked to my father.  He spoke in a calmer voice. "Angelina, I think its best if you leave and never come back."  I nodded. Mr. Blake helped my up. as soon as stood up a clenched my stomach where my mother kicked me.  I screamed in pain.  Mr.Blake picked me up bridal style and put me in his car.  He took a paper out of the glove compartment and took a pen from his pocket.  He then proceeded to walk over to my parents and talked to them for a couple minute.  After their talk he handed them the paper and pen and my parents both signed it and handed it back to Mr. Blake. He walked back over to the car and got in.  My parents took one last look at me and walked back inside the house. 

"Why did you talk to my parents and what's that piece of paper?" i asked him

"See for yourself."  He handed me the piece of paper and it was a contract. i read it over ans surely enough it was custody papers.  It basically said that Mr. Blake was now my guardian.  I smiled when i saw my parents signatures at the bottom.  It was the first time my parents actually did something nice for me, even though they were probably glad to get rid of me,