chapter 7

"It's PERFECT!!" I squealed.  The room was painted lavendar with silver metallic borders and silver butterflies across the wall.  It was my dream room.  I quickly ran to Mr. Blake and hugged him.

"Glad you like it."

"Like it? I LOVE IT!!  How'd you do all this?"

"After you went to sleep last night I called by 2 friends, the 2 guys who were here before.  One of them assembled everything and me and the other guy painted everything." He explained.

"really? Anthony this is my dream room.  How'd you knowhow to design it?"

"Well, in school i noticed almst all your books were purple.  And then when we went shopping i noticed you picked ll metallic furniture, and purple bed sheets...That kinda gave away the color scheme you wanted. As for the butterflies, well, you always draw them on your folders so i just kinda thought i should incorporate them in your room somehow."  He said.

"Your'e the best. You know that?"

"Yeah. i've been told that." He said concietedly.  I laughed it off. "Hey, if you like your room, youre gonna like the closet even more."

"What do you mean?" I aked confused

"You'll see."  He lead me overf to the closet. "Close your eyes."  I did what I was told.  I heard the door open.  "Alright. Open your eyes"  I looked in front of me in awe.  There it was...a walk in closet...a huge one at that.  I walked in with my mouth open in shock.  The walls were white with glass shelves.  On the right side was a bunch of designer shoes. Next to that was a mirror with all my make on the table below that.  On the back wall was the full length mirror i had picked out yesterday. Then on the left side were all my clothes...color coded and organized by season (winter, summer, fall, spring), and seperated into categories (shirts, dresses, shorts, jeans, etc).  It was amazing.  I couldnt believe it was all mine.   A huge smile swept across my face.  I turned around to find Mr. Blake standing there with a box...not a small  box with jewlery if that what you were thinking...It was a big box covered in wrapping paper.

"What's that?" I asked him.

"Why dont you open it and find out?"  He handed me the box and I sat down on the floor to open it.   I tore off the purple wrapping paper and was in complete shock.  It was a laptop...an expensive one too.  I looked up to him  to see him smile.  I gave him an unsure look. 

"A laptop? You didnt have to get me this."

"I know i didnt, but i wanted you to have it.  I thought it mght make your life a little bit easier."

I never had a computer before.  I knew how to work one because of school, but my parents were too cheap to buy one.  I didnt really have a use for a computer except to type a paper for school.

"Thank you, but I dont really need this."

"Yes you do.  Ive seen you stay after school for hours in the library typing papers until the librarian forces you to leave.  Then youre just back in the library right before school starts. You need this,  Its already hooked up to wifi and the printer is wifi connected too."

"Thank  you so much." I tried to blink the tears away, but it didnt work.  Mr. Blake sat down next to me and hugged me. I burried my head into his chest.,

"Why are you crying?"

"Im just so happy and grateful. I never had anything like this and youre the first person that actually cares about me." I sobbed

"I've always cared about you...ever since i first layed eyes on you.  I want only the best for you. I love you."  He lifted up my head and pressed his lips against mine.  I looked into his eyes and felt the parks people feel when they find theyre true love.  I know its wrong to love a teacher in the way i do and its even more wrong when that teacher is your gaurdian and is supposed to act as a father. But i dont care.  It feels so right when i'm with him.  Its like nothing in the world matters anymore.

"Well, now that you've had probably the best day ever, let's go get something to eat.  Does chinese takeout sound good?"

"mhm."  I could barely speak i was so happy.

"i'll go order the food." He got off the floor and went downstairs to call in our order.  I stayed up in MY room playing with my new laptop and figuring out how it worked.

"Angelina" He called from downstairs. "I'm going out to pick up the food. Will you be alright here?"

"Yeah" I yelled back down to him.  Then I heard walk out the door and drive away.

I feel like the luckiest girl inth world right now.  I got all my work done for the week before Mr. Blake came back.  Now i have the rest of the week free.

Mr. Blake finally came back with the food. I was starving.  We sat down at the table and started to eat.

"Angel, we have to talk about something."

"Sure, what about?"

"Me being your teacher and guardian. It doesnt look right in the view of other people and I cant risk losing you or my job."

"So youre saying we shouldnt be anything more than student-teacher or adult-child." i said dissapointingy.

"That's exactly what I'm saying"

"Oh." I felt like i was about to cry

"But just because we shouldnt be together doesnt mean we cant."

My mood was instantly lifted. but i again i was confused.  This man confuses me a lot. so i asked him, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that we can still be together.  We just cant let anyone know about us until you graduate.  We have to be very careful Angel.  It's gonna be hard. I find it hard controlling myself around you, even now.  you have to understand that no one from school can kow youre living with me. It just doesnt look right."

"Ok.  I promise i wont say anything. I never say anything to anyone in school anyway."

Mr. Blake chuckled. "Yeah that's true. Youre the quietest girl I've ever met."

"Gee....Thanks" I said rolling my eyes.

"That was meant to be  compliment.  Most girls get on my nerves when they talk more than necessary, especially in class. The boys too. To be honest, You've always been my favorite student."

"Oh really? You know you've always been my favorite teacher."

"Is that so. May i ask why?"

"I dont know.  You just are."

"Hmmmm...well thank you.  So...Do you think you'll be able to handle keeping u a secret until you graduate?"

"Yep. you?"

"Nope" He said popping the "p" . "I cant keep it a secret ffrom my family, but everyone else...I wont tell."

"That sounds fair." I agreed.