chapter 10

"Angelina. Wake up" I heard Anthony half whispering and shaking me gently.  I opened my eyes to see Anthony's face not even 2 inches away.   That startled me.  Anthony chcukled  and kissed me.  "Sorry to startle you, but you have an appointment at 11:30.  Its 10:30 right now so get up and get ready.  We have to leave at 11:15 the latest."

I groaed and pulled the blankets over my head.  "I dont want to go" I whined.

"I know you dont sweety, but you promised me you would go.  Please?  I'm really worried about you."  He said trying to convince me.

"Ughhhh...Anthony i'm fine. Really."

"No youre not.  you've been sick all week. That's not fine...not in my mind its not."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"  I asked annoyed.

"Nothing. nothing at all" He said sheepishly.

"Anthony?"

"Yeah?"

"What if I'm not sick?"  I said hesitently.

"So, you just forced yourself to throw up?  I mean really Angelina.  Youre not that kind of girl. I know you." 

"No.  I mean what if i'm....pregnant."  I barely whispered the last word.

"What?  I couldnt hear you say that last part.  maybe i'm getting old?"  He said while acting like an old man.  I laughed, but soon got serious again.  Anthony noticed my change of mood and sat down next to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around my  waist and pulling closer to him.  "Ok. seriously, what's wrong?"

I looked down trying not to make eye contact with him. "What if im pregnant, Anthony?  I'm pretty sure we didnt use protection that night after the club.  And what else could explain me throwingg up and not to mention i'm late."  I said still not looking at him.  I heard him take a deep breath.

"I think youre right.  Which is another reason you have to go to the doctor's"  I rolled my eyes.  I could tell he saw me because he laughed.  "And IF you are right, then we'll figure something out. But all i know is that i would take care of you and the baby.  I'd love you both no matter what."

"But you could go to jail Anthony." I said on the verge of tears.

"Hey. Look at me"  I shook my head no.  "Please?" I shook my head again, but this time i felt tears running down my face. I felt Anthony's hand cup my face and lifft my head so i had to look at him.  "Angelina,  it's going to be ok.  I promise.   Im not going anywhere.  I would never leave you.  I'd do anything to be with you and be apart of our baby's life...if there is a baby.  Listen, we can think about this later when we find out if you are pregnant.  Go get ready.  I made you breakfast. I'll bring it up to you when you get out of the shower ok?"  I nodded my head.  I slwoly got up and made my way to the bathroom. Just as I was about to close the door i heard Anthony say "I love you" 

"I love you too" I said before i closed the door and saw Anthony smile. I smiled too knowing that he did truly love me.  I mean he did save me from my parents.  I could never forgive my parents for making my life a living hell.  I would never do what they did to me to my own child.  If i am indeed pregnant, I promise myself that I would be the best mother in the world and give my baby everything it needs.  I'd love it no matter what.  And knowing that Anthony would be there for me made me feel even better.