chapter 3

I came out of the shower and wrapped myself in a soft white towel.  I walked out into the bedroom and sure enough there were clothes laid on the bed.  But they werent just any clothes. They were Mr. Blake's clothes.   He had put out a blue t-shirt and basketball shorts for me.  I put them on.  I ended up not wearing the shorts because they were way too big for me. The t-shirt was long enough to cover everything so I decided just to go downstairs like this. 

When i got to the kitchen Mr. Blake was still cooking. He hadnt noticed me walk into the kitchen since his back was turned and he was concentrating on whatever was on the stove.  I walked up behind him and hugged him from behind.  He jumped and i couldnt help but laugh.

"Whats so funny? I dont see how sneaking up on me is funny." 

"Im sorry. I couldnt resist.  You shouldve seen your face"

"Hmmm...well youre gonna have to pay for that" He glared at me.

"Oooooo. What's the big bad teacher gonna do?  Give me another week of detention? No? What about a month?" I teased him.

"Nope" He said popping the p at the end.

"Then what?"

He started to walk towards me with an evil look in his eyes.  I started to back away. He walked even faster towards me and i finally turned around to run away from him.  Just as i got to the stairs Mr. Blake grabbed my waist and lifted me up.  I screamed playfully and he laid me down on the couch and straddled me.  He came close to my face and was about to kiss me.  I closed my eyes waiting for the kiss that never came.  Instead, he tickled me.  I was laughing uncontrollably and i could see the smirk on his face.

"No...Stop....Im sorry!"

"Hahaha I'll stop once you say you love me"  That caught me off guard.  Was he being serious or was he kidding?  "Say it and i'll stop"

"Fine." He stopped tickling me so i could say it. 

"Im waiting" He sung

"ughhh...You love me"

"Thats not what i wanted you to say and you know it." He started tickling me again and i couldnt take it anymore. "Say it and i'll stop"

"ok ok ok ok ok! I....Love you."

"Good. I love you too"  And he kissed me. At least he wasnt tickling me anymore.  Wait a second...He loves me?!?! I cant believe my first love was is my teacher.  "Now....How about you tell me what's going on with youre family and then we can eat."

"Oooorrrrrrr....We could eat first and the i can tell you?"

"Haha not falling for that trick."

"What trick?" I acted all confused.

"The one where i agree to feed you and then you tell me....but after i feed you, you dont tell me.  Angelina, im not stupid"

"I wont do that"

"Oh yes you will.  I can see it written all over youre face"  Grrrr..curse my easily read mind,  If only i was born with a poker face.

"Ughhhh...You know youre no fun" I pouted.

"Just tell me...please???"  He gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Fiiiinnnne" I sighed.

I told him everything about my dysfunctional family.  I told him how my parents didnt love me or cared about me. And how they beat me everytime i disobey them or do something wrong, even if its as little as being home a minute late.  I told him how i worked everyday after school and sometimes on weekends and how i support myself.  EVERYTHING inlcuding that my parents were alcholics and blamed me for everything wrong in their life.  They were the only family i had.  I wouldve run away a long time ago, but i had no where to go. Living on the streets isn ot something i want to do.  After i finished my story, i broke down crying.  Mr. Blake held me in his arms and told me that everything would be ok.  That he would take care of me and that i would never have to return to my parents.  I felt relieved that somebody finally understood what i've been through.

"Angelina, If you want to, you can live here with me."

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of couse i do. I love you too much.  I never want to see yo get hurt.  But, Youre parents have to agree too.  It would be illegal for me to let you live here without their consent.  Not to mention youre also my student and i cant have here without youre parents permission. "

"But im already here"

"I know that.  That's why we should eat the delicious dinner i cooked us and go over to youre parents house mmediatly after. ok?"

"I guess.  but i dont want to face my parents." I cried

"Shhhh....its ok.  i know you dont, but youre going to have to sometime.  I promise i wont leave youre side. not even for a minute. He held me closer and i felt safer.

"Alright"

"I love you. Now lets go eat" Finally!!!! I was starving.  We ate pasta for dinner.  It was amazing. This man can really cook.