Chapter 28- Mystery.

"If you can't get somebody off your mind, maybe they're supposed to be there".

*~*~Natasha's P.O.V~*~*

The future is untold.

You can never know for sure what's going to happen in life. One day, you could be chilling on a beach somewhere is Santa Monico, and the next, facing the harsh weather conditions of the dangerous Mount Everest.

Well. That's what I have learnt.

Because all it took was one day to destroy mine and Brody's friendship. One day for me to lose my first real friend. The first guy I ever liked. Like, really liked.

One day.

I don't understand what had gotten into him. He apologized for being a dick, and then he was an even bigger dick afterwards. He kissed me, told me it was a mistake, and then he had the nerve to tell me I wasn't up to his standards.

Okay. So he didn't actually say it. But he heavily implied it.

I just can't believe him. It's like his relationship is changing him. Into a dick. A huge one. This wasn't the Brody I liked. This was someone else. The Brody I liked would never say anything like that to me. He would never intentionally hurt my feelings.

I don't really have much hope left for me and Brody. Before, there was a tiny glimmer. A ray. Something. But now there's nothing. He clearly likes Amelia very much and wants to be with her.

So who am I to stop him?

I'd just have to accept the reality and move on in life. Brody Dallas doesn't like me. Never has. Never will. This is my reality.

I have to embrace it.

It's the only way I'll make it out alright.

The only way.

"Natasha! Somebody's here to see you!" My mom shouts from the kitchen; causing me to trail away from my thoughts.

I stand up off of my bed and walk lazily towards my bedroom door.

"Who is it!" I question loudly; my voice tired and bored.

I hear some rustling and discreet whispering before my mom finally replies to my query.

"Its Leah!" She answers; a little hesitantly if I might say so myself.

Huh?

It's Leah?

What?

"It's Leah?" I repeat, unconvinced at her words; my eyebrows raised, even though she can't actually see me.

"Yes, it's Leah. Now hurry up and get down here", she sighs, getting very agitated. She never did like to repeat herself.

"Are you s-

"Yes! It's Leah! Now hurry up and get down here this instance, before I come up there and drag you downstairs myself!" She exasparatedly interrupts what I was about to say, cutting me off mid sentence.

Geez. Chill your beans.

I sigh.

"Fine" I answer tiredly as I walk lazily and unenergetically down the stairs.

As I reach the bottom of the staircase, I find my mom standing there; her hands on her hips.

"Finally." She says exasparatedly.

Looking away from my mom, I begin to find Leah.

If it even is her.

"Mom, I don't see Leah anywhere. Where is she?" I questions as I furrow my eyebrows in bewilderment.