Chapter 5- Temperament

Grabbing our school bags from the boot of his car, Brody and I proceed to walk inside the school building. Sparks shoot through my whole body, and I feel butterflies fluttering inside of my stomach as Brody's hand brushes against mine, and my face flushes pink. I quickly turn my head away, trying to hide my face from Brody.

Stop it Natasha! What is wrong with you?

I immediately extract my hand away from Brody's, while the pink tint on my cheeks fades away.

"Hey Tasha, did you hear about the murder last night?" Brody questions me, trying to start a conversation.

"Erm, yea, I did actually. I saw it on the news when I got home yesterday." I reply calmly, before Brody answers repusively.

"I don't understand why someone would kill so many people for absolutely no reason. The sick, twisted, bastard."

"Who says it's for no reason?" I ask Brody.

"What do you mean?" He responds, clearly confused.

"I mean, murderers aren't born, they are made. Nobody just goes about killing people for no reason. That's just inhuman. I'm not saying that whoever this person is, is doing the right thing. Under no circumstances is murder acceptable. But if they can justify their actions,with an actual adequate reason, then you can understand why they did what they did. But it's still wrong, taking away someone's life is never the solution. Have you never watched an episode of Criminal Minds?"

I tell him, to which he replies, "Well, yeah I guess so, but it's still not right. And no, I find it boring."

I come to a sudden halt, and stand there with my mouth hanging open.

"How can you even say that? You sad, sad, person. Criminal Minds is the best crime related show ever. You have no life." I say to Brody, completely and utterly bewildered as to why he would say that.

"You're such a drama queen, Tasha." he sighs.

"Now come on, hurry up or else we'll be late for class." With that, Brody yanks me by the arm, and rushes inside of the building, dragging me along with him.

***

As soon as we step into the building, just as I had thought, everyone was staring at us. I could tell what they were thinking just by looking at them.

Why is someone like him, hot and drool worthy, friends with her, the ugly nerd?

Eh. It's not anything new. I ignore the stares and keep walking alongside Brody, but I could still feel everyone burning holes into my back with their glares. As soon as we arrive at my locker, Brody speaks.

"Tasha, Principal Monroe said he wanted to talk to me, I'll be back in five, wait here, okay?"

I nod to him, signalling that he could go. Brody turns on his heel, and starts making his way to the Principals office. I watch his retreating figure, as his muscles tense in his back with every step he takes, until he is no longer visible.

I swiftly turn towards my locker, enter in my locker combination, grab my books for Calculus,and then I shut it close. Now I'm just waiting for Brody. I plug in my earphones, and blast my favourite song, and sing to myself silently.

"Oh Cecilia, you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily. Oh Cecilia, I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please, to come home."

The Vamps are literally everything goals.

I don't even notice what's going on around me, so just as I'm about to change the song, my earphones are yanked out of my ears and thrown to the floor, along with my phone.

"What the fuck," I scream at the top of my voice, watching my phone lay on the floor with a broken screen. As I look up to see who's paying for my new phone, I come face to face with Cameron. And he looks pissed.

My eyes widen, and my jaw drops open, as fear takes over my body.

"How dare you use that tone with me!" Says Cameron, raging. He walks closer to me, as I back into my locker. His face nears mine, and his lips travel to the side of my head.

"You asked for this," he whispers into my ear, before I feel his fist make contact with my stomach.

Scrunching up my face; I double over in pain, and hold my stomach.

Unfortunately for me, that just gives him the perfect chance to knee me in the face. He smashes my head against the lockers, and I fall to the floor, as blood pours out of my nose.

Leaning down, Cameron makes a fist with his hand, and gets ready to punch me square in the face. He lifts up his fist, and I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for the impact. But it doesn't come. Instead I hear punching noises, so I open my eyes to find Brody, on top of Cameron, beating the shit out of him. Literally. Once he is sure that Cameron can't get up, Brody hastily makes his way over to me, and cups my face in his hands, while wiping away the blood with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Are you okay?," he asks me restlessly. I try to reply, but not a single word comes out from my mouth. My eyes start to flutter close, as an overwhelming sense of tiredness takes over me. Fighting the urge to sleep,I hear Brody murmur.

"Its going to be okay, you're going to be okay," before I give up, and fall unconscious.