Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Nineteen]

[Nineteen]

Here comes the bride, all dressed in white. Here comes a death, better dress in black.

A/N: This was a rushed chapter. I might go back and edit. Sorry about that. 

I awoke to sunlight streaming into the window. My eyes slightly fluttered open and looked up. Dust particles swam in the light, making it look like fairy dust. I smiled and snuggled deeper into the blankets. Besides the sunlight, it was still cold. Through the slightly tinted window, I could see that it was still slightly overcast.

I closed my eyes. I thought about everything that had happened last night. Through the tears and the kissing, I had figured out Collin a little better. He was a complicated person - so happy one second and incredibly sad the next. He was obviously slightly bipolar, but deeply troubled too.

I felt him shift next to me. In the middle of the night, we had somehow snuggled together. I felt his arm wrapped securely around my waist. I looked down, staring at his arm around my waist. The sense of security made my heart flutter and my body warm up. I felt his hair against my face. It was soft, and it slightly tickled me. I smiled, my shoulders tensing in happiness. I closed my eyes again and took in the moment. I felt his breath against the back of my neck. It warmed me even more, making me smile again.

We both lay there for a while. I wasn't sure if he was awake, but I could feel his fast heartbeat. The front of him was pressed against the back of me. He shifted again, and his other arm snaked around my waist. His fingers intertwined at my stomach. My stomach sucked in with surprise, but then I relaxed. I opened my eyes and lightly traced my fingertips down his arm. I felt him smile against my neck.

Light music broke the silence. He took a tired breath and lightly sat up. His arms unwrapped from around me. The warmness left my body. I rolled onto my back to watch him search for the sound. He finally located his phone, and looked over at me. I was lying on my back tiredly, looking at him.

"Stop it," he muttered, a smile threatening to break out on his face. I smirked - realizing then that this was a "come to bed with me" stance. I licked my top lip seductively. He looked away uncomfortably. I smiled then at his awkwardness.

He flipped open his phone and ran a hand through his hair. He had bed head, and I found it adorable. He suddenly got serious - an expression on his face appeared on it that I hadn't seen on him before.

"Hello?" he asked, frowning. He gave it a few more seconds before he shook his head and pulled the phone away from his face. He looked at the screen.

"Are you okay?" I asked, frowning. He seemed to realize I was there, then. He looked over at me, the same confused expression on his face.

"Yeah...it was Kallie. I think the phone disconnected or something," Collin muttered, chewing his bottom lips. Usually, my eyes would have followed the movement. But right now, my stomach hollowed out at her name.

"Collin," I muttered, looking down at my chest. I pretended to pick at invisible lint. I saw him looking at me.

"What?"

"I'm helping you cheat on her," I whispered, still looking down. I didn't see his reaction. I pretended to yank at an invisible string then. "I never thought of it like that."

I felt the tears coming then. I remember how shitty it felt when I realized that Johnny had been cheating on me. He swore that it was over, but I always knew that it wasn't. Now thinking about it, it probably had been Simon, the red head he hung out with.

"Zachary, it's not really..." he trailed off. Then he took a deep breath. "Kallie and I were never working out. She cheats on me all of the time. And I'm going to break up with her soon anyway."

It didn't make me feel any better. I knew that I'd rejoice when he actually broke up with her though. Words didn't really get through to me. I didn't trust words. I trusted actions. He sighed then and looked out of the car. There was still a haze outside, and the car seemed to be inside of a cloud. The sunshine was gone now - a disappearing act into the clouds.

"He cheated on you, didn't he?" Collin whispered. It hurt how much he seemed to get me sometimes. I nodded, my mouth quivering. He slowly crawled towards me. He crawled on top of me, and held himself up so only a little bit of his weight was on top of me. My heart thudded, and the hollow feeling inside of me seemed to fill with boiling water.

"You don't have to worry about him anymore, Zachary. The past is the past - though it made you into the beautiful person you are today. Don't let the past get you down. Look into the future," Collin whispered, using one hand to push my bangs out of my face. His beautiful face hovered inches from mine, his blue eyes staring into mine. His sweet smelling breath blew across my face.

My hands slid out under his arms. They came up and started to lightly trace his face. His eyes stared into mine the whole time. I looked at every inch of his face, storing it into my permanent memory. Then I slid my hands behind his warm neck, and pulled his face down to mine. I kissed him, and his warm lips pressed against mine. I slowly sat up, feeling him on every part of me. He slowly sat up with me, finally ending us both into a sitting position. I pulled my lips away for a second to look into his eyes.

His own hands came up and rested on the tops of my arms. Then they slowly slid down, his breath coming out unevenly.

"Will you be in my future?" I whispered softy. His eyes flashed back up to look into mine - his fingers continuing down my arms.

"Forever," he whispered. I slid another hand behind his neck and tilted his head towards me. I pressed my mouth against his warm one again; feeling like this moment would never end.

We started talking three weeks ago. But we've known each other since kindergarten. I never, in a million years, would have guessed that I'd ever be here. In Collin's Abercrombie and Fitch car, kissing his soft and addicting lips after spending the night with him. I grabbed chunks of his soft flyaway hair with my right hand. His arms wrapped securely around me, holding me to him. My other arm pressed against his hard but soft chest.

Did I forget that I was in stupid snowman sweat pants? Yes. But did I care right now? No possible way.

His fingers dug into my back, holding me closer to him. At this second, he seemed to want me as much as I wanted him. His mouth moved with mine, and my heart seemed to be pressing right against my rib cage. A pressure filled my rib cage, making me light headed. The yearning for him - just him - consumed my body. I clung tighter to him, as if it was a necessary as breathing - which it felt like it was.

I didn't need his body. I needed his emotions - I needed him.

Our lips disconnected, and I put my head in the crook of his neck. He seemed to be shaking with emotion, and I felt the same way. He held tightly onto me, as if he was trying to push me inside of him. As he pressed his head against the side of mine, I only had one thought between the pressure and lightheadedness and the warmth.