Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Thirteen]

[Thirteen]

Work surprises.

A/N: Short chapter, written for the Zach/Collin fans. And for everyone to witness the real Collin. About time, huh?(:

Song of the chapter: Broken Arrow - Pixie Lott.

I was attempting to squeeze a big hunk of double chocolatey chip on a small cone when the ice cream parlor door opened. The little tacky bell at the top jingled, catching my attention. When I looked up, a guy with amazing blue eyes entered and I automatically smiled. The person in front of me whom I was serving thought I was smiling at them and they beamed. My eyes flickered back to them and I blushed. I quickly handed over the ice cream, and they handed me the money. My next customer walked up to the glass and smiled at me. Those blue eyes seemed to pierce right through me.

"And what would you like to order, sir?" I asked, smirking. He pretended to rub his chin, thinking. He glanced up at the 31 flavors above my head. Then he pressed his face against the glass like a little kid. His smushed face smiled up at me.

"Surprise me," Collin's muffled voice said.

"Close your eyes," I demanded, getting an idea. He straightened, smiled, and shut his eyes. It took me a while to find them, but I finally found the taster spoons. He peeked impatiently when I quickly grabbed them from under the counter. I put my hands on my hips, giving him a scolding look.

"Close your eyes, mister."

He giggled and closed them. I scooped up a random flavor in the small taster spoon. I carefully made sure that my hand didn't touch the ice cream. It was only Monday, and Rich would kill me if I messed up the cartons. It was after school and he was running late. Good thing, too, or else he would have made a scene about Collin being here. I carefully leaned over the counter.

"Open," I said, teasing him in a motherly voice. He smiled and opened his mouth. I made an airplane noise as I slowly put the spoon in his mouth. He tasted it, looking thoughtful. His eyes remained closed.

"Pretty good. Uh... caramel chocolatey chip?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, laughing. He happily grinned. I really was tempted to lean forward and kiss his mouth. From the ice cream, I knew it would taste sweet and delicious. But I decided against the impossible wish. Instead, I sighed, faking annoyance. I had to get my mind off his lips, and now.

"Why is your hair always so messed up? It's everywhere!" I laughed, leaning forward to mess it up even more. His eyes popped open then. He grinned.

"Sex hair!" He exclaimed, leaning forward and ruffling mine as well. I giggled, swatting his hands away. They were so warm, I wanted him to latch onto me and wrap them around me. He laughed, his eyes twinkling. I sighed, looking at him dreamily.

"Okay, next," He said, closing his eyes. For emphasis, he put his hands over his eyes. I giggled again. I looked below me at all the cartons, in search of a new flavor. I picked out the most disgusting flavor, the one that no one likes. I tossed the old spoon into the trash can under the counter and then giggled as I scooped up a little with a new test flavor spoon. His mouth worked as I closed the tub.

"Open up," I said, smiling. He hesitantly opened his mouth. I put the little spoon in. He made a face as he ate it.

"Gah! What was that?!" He demanded, pretending to gag. I laughed and he finally ended up smiling. His eyes popped open and I was once again memorized by their beauty. Before I could register what I was doing, my hand lightly reached out to him. His hand met mine halfway, his palm lying flat against mine. The same warmth flooded through me as our fingers intertwined, our eyes locking. His smile slowly faded, and an unreadable expression crossed his face. In that instant, I forgot my name and where I was. I forgot about everything - from my big mental problems to how uncomfortable this tacky apron was.