Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Six]

[Six]

Day with Collin

A/N: I hate this chapter with a passion.

Rich had dropped me off at my house without a word. Being quite wasn't something that Rich could pull off. Today, though, he seemed to be an expert. Now, I was sitting on my bed, silently crying. When my dad had seen me come in the front door, he had pretended like he hadn't. He was sitting in the living room and I barely see him, but I knew he had seen me. When I started to cry, hoping he'd notice, he pretended like he hadn't seen that either. It was too much to ask for anyway.

Three Days Grace was blasting in the background. Never Too Late? It's always too late. I slowly got up, and walked over to my bedroom door. I opened it and automatically turned right. I quickly jogged down the stairs and ran to the kitchen. I ran to the cupboard and ripped it open. I dug around for a specific pill bottle behind the cups. I started to panic, frantically shoving the cups around. I fell onto the counter, moaning. Why couldn't I find them? In front of me, I was looking at a knife.

I closed my eyes, and my hand reached blindly for the knife. I haven't used it in a very, very long time. Yeah, another depressed gay kid who cut himself. But as I said, I haven't for a long time. But today, I needed to. My damn pills weren't showing up. My hand closed around the cold end and I brought it up to me. I hunched over and wrote the hateful word on my left forearm. The end result was this:

FAGGOT

I dropped the knife and spun around. I slowly walked to the stairs, back up them and to my bedroom. I opened the door and stumbled to my bed. My bad vision took over and I lay back down. My mind went blank and I took one last deep breath. Everything went black. Finally, peace at last.

A ringing woke me up. I slowly pried my eyes open, to be met with muffled light from the drawn blinds. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I looked down and flinched. Why had I done that?! I wasn't supposed to like this anymore. I looked over to my left, to the bedside table. My cell phone was buzzing, slowly sliding across the table top. I painfully reached out and looked at the caller ID.

PRIVATE

I frowned at it. It finally stopped buzzing in my hand and went to voice mail. Not a minute later, it started to buzz again. I sighed loudly and flipped it open. I placed it on my ear, flinching at the way my arm had to move.

"Hello?" I asked quietly. I looked down at my left arm, moving my head to trap the cell phone between my shoulder and my head. My right hand lifted up my sleeve.

"Zachary! It's Collin," A familiar voice said on the other line. The cell phone slipped from my grasp when I jumped. I quickly grabbed it from the bed and stuffed it to my ear again.

"Collin?"

"Yes?"

"Uh...." I paused. He laughed lightly. The sound was sweet and sent me in shivers. I really was gay. And possibly gay for him. Possibly? He was (sometimes!) really nice and he was hot. My throat closed up in embarrassment. I was such an idiot.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm calling because I was wondering if you'd like to get some of the project done today," He said, sounding busy on the other line. There was a giggle that wasn't from him. I heard him laugh, then shush the person. I frowned.

His voice apologized into the phone. Then she spoke up again.

"Who are you talking to, babe? We were in the middle-"

I pressed the disconnect button. I jabbed my thumb into it over and over again, trying to erase Collin from my life. That jerk. First, he calls me a faggot. Then he's nice. Then he doesn't get mad at the girlfriend that mentally hurt me yesterday. The phone started to vibrate again in my hand. I jabbed the end button over and over again. It made me feel a little bit better. I took a deep breath, and shut my phone off all together. How did he even get my number in the first place? I pushed Collin out of my mind completely.