Chapter 44: Maybe we can have a new life

Tobias POV

The city becomes smaller and smaller. Each minute we get further and further. As we drive away the sun starts to set. I lean my head back and end up falling asleep with Tris on my lap.

~

In front of me stands Ben holding a little girl. The little girl has blond hair down to her shoulders, a lot like Tris', and bright blue eyes. She tries to squirm away from his embrace but he just holds her tighter. "Daddie, daddie, hewlp mwe." I try to move forward but my body is frozen in place. "It's alright darling your with me now." "No I'm nwot I'm wif Mamie and daddie and untle Urwi and aunti Cwissy and nana Eviwin." As I stare at her I estimate that she is around the age of two. Ben walks away with the little girl squirming in his arms.

~

I jerk awake to the truck running over a bump. My head slams into the wall and I groan. Christina and Evelyn are asleep and Uriah is looking out the back of the truck. I look down at Tris and notice her finger twitch. I lean closer to her ear and whisper, "Tris?" Her finger twitches again. "Tris baby it's me." I pull her body up a bit and rest her head on my knee. Her eyes flutter open and she looks up at me. "T-To-Tobia-Tobiasss." Her voice is almost like a whisper but I hear it. Tears stream down my face as I kiss her. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." Christina looks over and jumps. "Tris! Tris my god your awake!" She crouches down next to her and helps lift her up. Tris groans and leans her head on my shoulder. "How long have I been out?" She whispers. "I lost count." I lean my head into hers. "You know I heard everything that happened, I was awake the whole time but couldn't speak or move or see." I look at her shocked. She rests one hand around my shoulder and one hand on her stomach. Her breaths soon become even. Maybe we can have a new life here, where we are going.

--

Sadly only 2 chapters left :(
Hope you guys have enjoyed this book so far :)

<4

~Sara