Circles <3

Previously on "Olicity: Unstoppable": "Well, I am not surprised. You are Oliver Queen, I bet that you could steal a girls' heart with only a wink." I tell him honestly.

"Well, if that is true, I know just the girl whose heart I hope to steal." He then winks at me. 

TO BE CONTINUED..

**********************************************

I blush slightly at his words and look up into his eyes. Little does he know that he stole my heart a long time ago.

Then the waitress returns with our teas. I wouldn't be surprised if she spit in mine. Oliver and I share hysterical glances as she sets them down. 

" Here you go, and what can I get you guys to eat this afternoon?" she says. I can tell that she is trying to act sweet and hide her annoyance. I decide to speak first.

" I will have a number three with curly fries please." I state. She writes it down and looks to Oliver and her face gets less tight, she holds her head a little higher and smiles at him. "And for you?" she asks.

"Actually, I don't come here much, have any suggestions?" he asks, not bothering to look up.

"Personally I would recommend.."  the waitress begins, but Oliver cuts her off.

"Actually, I was talking to my Fiance." he says to her, then looks to me. A slight giggle comes out of my mouth, but I cover it up by clearing my throat. Then I look to the waitress." Just get him what I am having." I say to her nicely, but with a plastered smile on my face.

"It will be out shortly." she responds, her voice monotone. She leaves, her jaw clenched. Oliver and I share smiles. "This is fun." I say. He nods in agreement and responds. "It is."

We kinda just look at each other, trying to figure out what the other is thinking.

"Oliver?" I think it's time he knows the truth. we can't have a relationship if we are lying to each other.

"Yeah?"He looks at me with those eyes. Eyes that have been through so much and seen so much, I just can't stand to hold this in any longer.
" I have to tell you something and I meant to tell you long time ago but I guess I didn't know how."
He looks concerned
"You're not gay are you?!"
He asks,  half serious and half sarcastic.  Why is he so funny he is making this more hard.
"No." I smile at him.
"Then what is it about?"
" it's about your dad."
"My dad?"
          "Yeah. Oliver I used to work for Robert a couple years before the Gambit accident." His face was full of confusion and I knew I had to get on with it. 

                 "He was like a father to me. Whenever he needed my expertise I would be there in a flash, cuz he was always so fatherly to me.. maybe it was just because I didn't grow up around one. I don't know. He.. he was always there for me when I needed advice and he would come to me for advice too..."  I pause and look to Oliver whose face has fallen, then I struggle to get the next few words out. "a lot of times the advice would be to give to you." 

        He looks up at me with complete shock covering his face I tried to ignore it and keep going. "He would tell me so much about you. How you would get into fights , drop out of colleges, but also the good things, like when you stopped Thea from going to a party at a not-so-good person's house, or when you got that metal for 'most absences'  your senior year of high school. Well, I guess that isn't exactly a great thing to acknowledge." he smiles a short smile and it fades back to a straight face and I continue. 

               "My point is, I knew so much about you before you got on that boat and I gave advice to you through Robert whenever you needed help in your darkest times when he didn't know what to say. It was like I was talking to you, but you weren't talking back.  I had the biggest crush on you too." He smiled and looked at me and my face turned a light shade of red "But you didn't even know that I existed and I think Robert knew that I liked you but he never said anything. He always tried to keep me out of danger. I think that if he wasn't so protective over me he could have introduced us, but we were so different. I always thought it would never work out. He told me about all these awesome fishing trips you guys would go on, and he kept telling me about this boat trip you guys were so excited for..." tears pricked my eyes and I looked at him and his were glossy as well.

"Felicity, its okay." He says. "I understand."
"You're not mad that I didn't tell you before?" This is definitely not the reaction I expected. "Sometimes life throws some nasty things at us and on occasion, those nasty things can be better kept secret. Even from those closest to us."  "When did you become so wise?" I asked and smile. "The same day you became so smart." he counters. I blush a little. "Touche" I say.

            "Felicity, since we are kind of clearing the air I need to tell you something too." Oliver says. My heart pounds. Is he going to confess his love here? Now?  "Okay." I respond. "I did know you existed before the Gambit and everything." I'm in utter shock. "I came to my Dad's office one day and I saw you talking to him. You were both laughing and I kept thinking, 'who is she? She looks too young to work here. Why is she laughing with my Dad?' I thought you were beautiful, but I didn't want to go up to you guys. I knew that as soon as I talked to you, I would fall for you, and as soon as I fell for you I would end up hurting you...back in my playboy days, I wasn't exactly good at keeping a girlfriend, so I stayed away" He thought I was beautiful? He knew that I even existed? I can't even comprehend this right now.  "Then one day, I was talking to my Dad with Thea and he accidentally called Thea Felicity. I asked him who this Felicity person was and he kept putting it off, then I nagged him on and described you to see if it was the girl I saw that day. Blonde, glasses, bright lipstick, cute, I described you just as I remembered that day, and he asked me how I knew you,  and I told him that I didn't. I told him about the time I saw you guys. I told him about how I felt and he just smiled and said, 'guys like us don't always get the girl'." He tares his eyes from mine, painfully. 

When his final words slip out of his mouth, I don't know what to say. 

I just look at him. "Well, all this is a lot. A LOT. And I can't believe anything that just happened in the last 10 minutes, but I do know, that of all the time that I knew Robert, you are not even close to a guy like him." I say this and Oliver looks disappointed, then I continue. His hand rests on top the table, and I entwine my fingers with his. "You are so much better, and he would be so proud of you if he was here." 

He looks up at me and I smile. "Oliver, you are a very strong person. Inside you are so strong. NOT that you aren't strong on the outside, you are, trust me, your biceps are huge, and you have a very nice six-pack. GGGjjhhh!! Sorry." I cringe at my babbling and continue. "What..I..am trying to say, is, you  have an amazing heart for it to last through everything that you have been through. I want you to know now and remember forever that your heart isn't in the shape of a heart, it's in the shape of a circle. Heart shapes can be broken, but circles, they last forever. I always remember this when I feel like giving up, but I know that if my heart is willing to go on forever, I should feel the same way." I finish speaking, hoping Oliver understood, and I am happy to earn a sympathetic smile from him. The he responds.

"That must be why I've loved you for so long."