Unspoken words

Today will be a great day. Ever since I kissed Oliver there has been this light inside of me that was finally ignited, and now I feel like I can do anything. I haven't seen Oliver since our kiss, and I hope that he doesn't regret it. I refuse to let the two of us go about our day without acknowledging what happened, so I am going to find him. Before my little exciting adventure, I will first have to get out of bed. Why is my bed so comfortable? Uuugggghhhh . I roll out of bed after a good five minutes of staring at the ceiling and pick out my outfit. I decide to wear a green blouse today with a black pencil skirt. Wait. is the green too much? Maybe I look like a try hard. No! Oliver can't take over an entire color! I will wear green if I want to wear green. Gahhhh what is wrong with me?  I put my clothes on and make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair and makeup. Just as I am almost finished getting ready, I am interrupted by my 'holding out for a hero' ringtone I have set for when ever Oliver calls. I know that it is kinda out there, but it's not like its saying  'i'm holding out for Green Arrow', so, I mean it can't be that bad. Wait. Oliver is calling! What do I do? I need to pick up, but what do I say?!  I take a deep breath and calm down. I pick up my phone and tap the answer button and quickly speak. "Hello?" I say casually.

"Hey Felicity!" Oliver says. He sounds happy. Why am I so nervous to speak to him?

"Hey Oliver, what's up?" Play it cool Felicity, but not too cool.

"I was just calling to see if you wanted to.. I don't know, get some lunch or something?.. with me?

Now he Sounds nervous. His nerves make mine start to disappear though and for that, I am grateful.
"That sounds great! Where and what time?" I ask.
"How about 12:30 at big belly burger?"
"That's perfect!" I respond.
"Awesome, so it's a date."

When he says it, his words hit me like a ton of bricks to the face. I'm going on a date with Oliver. So does this mean we're dating?

"Like a date, date?" I say this before I have time to stop myself. Great. Way to screw things up and make things awkward Felicity.
"Yeah, I guess. But not if you don't want it to be. " He says hesitantly. Now look what you did.
"Oh I want it to be. I was just... you know what? I'm gonna stop talking ...3..2...1." 

Why? Just why? I probably shouldn't say anything else.

I can hear his husky,  soft laugh from the other end. It makes me smile. Okay maybe I didn't screw up things completely.
He speaks for me.
"I will see you in a couple hours then?"
"Yup...So this is goodbye, huh?" I say sarcastically and dramatically.
He laughs and speaks.
"I guess it is. For now." He responds.
"You know, I'm never too good at good byes."  I say truthfully. 
"Well, then. Let's not say goodbye." He says, slightly confusing me but also making me smile.
" We can't just hang up on each other and walk away." I say.
"Who said anything about hanging up on each other? I suggested we don't say good bye. "
"Okay. But there is one issue. Our phone batteries. My phone is very dear to me, Oliver."
"Well, how about, every time we hang up or leave, instead of saying goodbye, we say something that we will remember about each other until we see each other again?" I smile at my phone. Where does he come up with this stuff?!

He is adorable.

"Deal. That's a wonderful idea." I say.

"Okay, ready?" he says.

"You go first." I tell him.

"No..you" He says.

"Same time? I suggest.

"Okay." he agrees.

We count together."One..two...three!" 

"Your laugh!" We both say it at the same time, and I stop short, shocked that we both said the same thing. He likes my laugh? He is quiet on the other end. I think he is shocked too. 

Should I hang up now, or is he going to? "Oliver?" I ask, wondering if he is still there, and I hear something. It's a woman's voice. She is young. I start to recognize it as Thea's, Oliver's sister. "Who are you on the phone with?" she asks out of the faintness that I can hear. 

"Nobody. Now leave my room and go help mom pick out an outfit or something..." Oliver tells her. "Nope. Not until you tell me who you just asked out!" She argues.

"Thea!how long have you been standing outside my room?!"

"Long enough to know that you're in love."  My heart stops at her words. I listen for his response, but it is silent. My insides are screaming to find out what he is thinking, but I just sit and quietly wait. I wait a minute, that feels more like an eternity, and he finally speaks. 

"Her name is Felicity." 

My heart starts to beat again. Actually, it starts to race. Did he just admit that he was in love with me? As i try to process the whole situation, I remember that the call is still going, and if Oliver knew I was still hearing the conversation, I don't know what would happen. 

I quickly press the end call button, my back against the wall, I slide to the floor and pull my knees to my chest. "Oliver loves me.",  I say to myself. "I think I love him too."