Chapter 20: Ones We Love

Previously on olicity unstopable: "At the late hour, in the dim light of the mansion and flicker of the fireplace, we eventually fall asleep.
I lost a loved one today, but at least I know that I have another love, and he is right here and staying."
(This is continuing
from Oliver's POV!)

When i open my eyes, Felicity's head is laying on my chest as if i were a pillow. Her legs overlap mine from the knee down. A blanket that i grabbed in the middle of the night from the cold is draped ontop of us and we are both still dressed up from last night.
I look to her face and see that it is flawless and glowing in the morning sun. I wish I could wake up to her beautiful face every morning. I just can't help myself. I use the arm that she is laying on to pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead. She stirs in her sleep but doesn't wake up.
"I love you Felicity." I whisper quietly into her ear. To my surprise, she responds. Guess she is a light sleeper.
"I love you too" she mumbles, her voice slightly raspy from crying yesterday. Shes proabbly really tired too. I'm not gonna wake her. She needs the rest after everything that she went through yesterday. I might as well live in the moment while i can. I sink back to where i was before and fall back to sleep with her in my arms.
******************************
"Oliver! I'm home!" a voice and the opening of the front door immediately wakes me and Felicity up. Felicity looks to me with bulging eyes and jumps to a sitting position.
Its Thea. I recognize her voice.
Great, if she sees us, I will never live this down. I hear a figure start to approach the living room. I talk before she can. "Thea, before you say anything......Mom?"
My mother stands in front of us, looking from me to Felicity. "Wait mom, it's not what it looks like." she responds quickly back to me.
"Save it Oliver. Its fine. I just thought that you had changed."
Felicity starts to speak, which I fear might only make things worse. "Mrs. Queen. I just had a really bad day yesterday. Oliver is my friend. He was only comforting me." My mother does not look any bit convinced. She crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.. "My sister died yesterday." Felicity quietly says. I look to my mother and something about her in that moment completely changed. Her face fell, her eyebrows squeeze together and her hand covers her mouth. She speaks. "Oh. I am so so sorry my dear. If there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me know. Losing a loved one is hard, but you look like a strong woman. What is your name?" "Felicity smoak."
"Well, ms. Smoak, I don't do this often but.. " she hugs felicity. What the heck. Im just sitting here thinking; Who are you and what have you done with my mother? Good thing I'm not wearing my arrow suit or I would've had to go all karate kid on this stranger.
My mother does not hug anyone she just met. My mother does not hug someone she has known for years. My mother does not hug, Period. She leaves soon and I guess I have a look in my face that matches My thoughts because Felicity looks at mine very concerned. "Um. Are you okay?" she asks me.
" the question is; are you okay. I wonder if she planted something on you..or poisoned you!" yeah, that's probably the most logical thing. Poison. Hmm but how?" My thoughts are interrupted by Felicity's soothing laugh. Its good to hear her laugh and see her smile after what happened. She then speaks. "Maybe your Mother has emotions like a normal human. Ever think about that, Oliver?" I smile but squeeze my eyebrows together and respond. "I guess I never thought about it. I just have never seen her hug someone before."
Just as the mood was beginning to lighten up, Thea walks into the room. "Oh... Hi Felicity." is all she says with an aggravating look on her face. A smirk. She then continues, to our discretion.. "So, you guys are officially in a serious relationship now?"
I look to Felicity whose face is now a bright shade of red. Her eyes widen and she speaks before me. "Oh,... I mean, we are not, not serious, but we are not serious in the way you think. I, I mean we, are.." Thea giggles a little at Felicity's words, as do I.
"She's a keeper, Ollie." She says before leaving the room.
Felicity looks to me when she leaves and rubs her temples on each side of her head with her thumb and forefinger. "Could that have gone any worse?.. oh, and do you have any other family members that I am unaware of who could come barging into the room any moment?"
She asks me sarcastically. "No. No I don't. Why don't I take you home, Kay?" I offer and stand up off the couch. "Good idea." She responds, but honestly, I don't want her to leave. I don't want to be separated.
I wonder if she feels the same way.
"Hey, Felicity?" I ask as she walks to her shoes.
"Yeah?" She turns to me and her blue eyes look into mine, suddenly, but stunningly, like the deepest part of the ocean, meeting the blue sky.
"You know that I love you, right?" I say hesitantly. "Yes. I know...You know I love you too, right?" She says back. I smile. "Yes, I know." I say back.
"Good. Now that we have established that, let's get outta here, before your Mother and Thea accuse us of proclaiming our vows to each other." She giggles and holds out her hand for me to take. We soon are out the door and in the car, driving to her apartment.

The ride is silent and even though it isn't the first time Felicity and I sat in a silent car together, the air just feels different. I feel something I haven't felt in a long time; happiness, love. I feel like my life is finally turning out the way I want it to be. ..
We pull into the parking lot and as we do, I notice how Felicity's facial expression goes from genuine, to very serious, when she looks out the window to a car I assume she recognizes.
"It can't be." Is all she says as she exits the car quickly and almost forgets to close her door. She starts running to her apartment and I follow, very curious and confused.
"Felicity, what's going on?" I shout after her. But she doesn't respond. She is completely focused on getting inside.
She quickly makes her way inside and I go in after her. "Felicity, what the he..." before I finish, I stop in shock of a stranger sleeping on her couch. He is not unattractive and has blonde hair slightly darker than hers. Who is this guy, why is he...oh. Before I can complete the puzzle, Felicity does it for me.

"Jason?!" She says almost in a whisper. She runs to her sofa and shakes him awake.
"Jason. Oh my God. What are you doing here?"
He wakes up and fakes a smile. "Hey sis!"