Loved Ones

Previously on Olicity: Unstoppable: I can't see anything because my vision is blurred from tears. I can't say anything, my voice box is drowned in fear. I can't hear anything because the sound of the bullet keeps repeating itself in my head. I can't think, because I can't believe she's dead.
*************>>----->*********
Sirens. Red and blue lights. People running around, making a scene. I stand right outside Verdant with Oliver. We both don't say anything, but I know that he is confused. I told him that I was an only child. But I know he knows what it's like to lose a family member. He knows what its like to grieve.
He unexpectedly speaks.
"I'm sorry." he tells me in a low voice, avoiding my eyes.
"You didn't do anything..." I say quietly.
"... I'm sorry too." I Continue.
This time he looks at me and his eybrows scrunch together.
"Don't ever be sorry to me Felicity." His voice is stern, but sympathetic. "I told you I was an only child. I am not. But I am the only one who stayed with my mom and dad... I have a brother too." I finish speaking and look up to him. He has a sad look on His face. Without saying anything, he pulls me into a hug.
His large arms wrap around me and I bury my head in his shoulder. I put my arms around his torso and close my eyes. I'm finally starting to break down. The tears start to come.
I cry. I cry, not caring who sees me. Not caring what I look or sound like because it doesn't matter anymore. I have failed my sister and now she is dead and I can't do a thing about it. She's gone forever. Oliver runs his fingers through my hair and whispers to me. "Shhhh. It's okay. It's okay. I know." I never want to leave his arms, he is the only thing that is keeping me from completely falling apart. I refuse to leave him.
He puts his hands on both sides of my face and pulls my head back so I look at him and speaks. "Hey, let's go, okay? You don't need to be here anymore." He tells me, gesturing towards the ambulance. I nod in response and he holds my hand as we walk to the car.

We get in, and he starts driving. "Where are we going?" I ask, my voice hoarse. "I was gonna take you home...unless you don't want to go home?" He glances in my direction and turns his head back to the road. "I just don't want you to leave." I tell him, truthful and innocently. "Okay, you want to come to the mansion? My mother is away for business and Thea is probably with her boyfriend. " Normally, I would get butterflies at Oliver inviting me to stay at his house, but right now, I can't think straight. I just don't want to be away from him. "Yes, if that's okay." I tell him quietly. And he reaches his hand over and takes mine in his. He runs the back of my hand with his thumb and reassures me. "You are always welcome in my home, okay Felicity?" I shoot him a small side smile and speak. "Okay."
_____________»---->________________________________

We arrive at the mansion and go inside. I take off my shoes at the door because my feet are killing me and now, I feel even smaller next to Oliver than I did before. He looks down to me and smiles and kisses my head, then walks away. "I know how to make you feel better.. sit on the couch."
I look at him, questionably, then I obediently walk to the couch. "What are you gonna do?" I ask. He walks into the kitchen in the next room without saying a word. Well, considering he is in the kitchen, I assume that whatever he 's talking about is a food or drink, so I don't argue.
I wait, patiently and about four minutes later, he walk out with a mug in his hand and enters the living room area, where I am. "This is tea. But it's not just any tea, it's special. I put herbs from..." he hesitates, then continues "..somewhere hard to find, and I used to drink this all the time when I needed to relax. Trust me, it helps, I promise." He hands it to me and I look at him and take a sip. It's warm and sweet and perfect and immediately helps. "Wow. That works fast. Thank you." I tell him and he sits on the couch, next to me. There's so much inside of me that I keep bottled up and I know it's not good. I guess that now is the time and Oliver is the person to tell what I need to say. I break the silence. I put my tea on the coffee table.

"Her name was Emily." He looks to me and remains quiet. I continue. " She was 5 years older than me. When my dad left, she was so angry, she was only twelve, but she was smart like me. She called a cousin, and told them that she wanted to live with him instead of my mom and brother and I. They took her and she started dealing drugs and completely stopped contacting us. ..
My brother, now he is a different story, he stayed. But only until he was sixteen. He's 3 years older than me. He wanted to be a reporter, and with his brains, he graduated early and went to college in Kansas state university of reporting. He offered to take me with him, unlike Emily, and I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't leave my mom like she was. She was a mess and she couldn't end up losing all of her family. So, I stayed. I helped her as much as possible and she is 100 times better now, but I lost my only siblings and watching Emily die, after not have spoken to her in so many years, I just couldn't take it, Oliver, I.." I choke on a sob. He scoots towards me and holds me in his arms.
"Hey, hey, I know what it's like to lose people you love. It's hard. But right now, all that matters is that you stay with the people you still have, and you don't lose yourself, trying to get back those who you have lost." His words are so true.
"What am I gonna do if I lose you Oliver?" I ask, fearful. "You are not going to lose me. I am staying right here." He holds me tighter and I lay my head on his shoulder.
My heart is already beating fast from crying, but being in such a close proximity to his lips make it beat even faster. I want to be as close to him as possible and I never ever want him to go away. Without thinking, I kiss him and he kisses me back. The kiss becomes so deep and passionate, I begin to crave him so much, I just want to be as close to him as possible. He puts his hand on the back of my neck and I tangle my fingers through his hair. Our mouths open and close and I taste Oliver's forever-lasting, minty taste, mixed with my salty tears. He sinks backward and pulls me with him onto the couch cushions and I put my hands on his chest and lean onto him and kiss him deeper. He moves to the side and I lay beside him and hug him as close as possible. I don't want to take things completely to the next level, but there is no way I'm letting him go. We kiss once more and slowly pull apart and hold each other, so so close. The only thing separating us is our clothes. At the late hour, in the dim light of the mansion and flicker of the fireplace, we eventually fall asleep.
I lost a loved one today, but at least I know that I have another love, and he is right here and staying.