Chapter 7: The Green Arrow

At the foundry, which I like to call "the lair", we have our first mission as a team. I like this place. It is kind of hidden in plain site, under "Verdant", a club owned by Oliver, but mostly run by his sister Thea. It is very spacious and there is space for Oliver and Dig to spar, a spot for Oliver to practice his archery, and of course my very own space with a large desk and the newest types of computers that there are. There is a part for medical stuff and a lab table in case of emergencies I guess. But I sure hope Oliver or Diggle is certified for that kind of thing, cuz I certainly am not. My favorite part of this place though, is the giant glass case in the center of the room, containing Oliver's suit and bow'n arrow. It looks so different in the light. I have only seen dark pictures of it that were taken from the press and people who see glimpses of him. Looking at it now, I can see that it isn't just some expensive leather jacket and a hood. The hood looks beat up and torn in places, partially discolored and the bow looks old and worn, but very good quality and dangerous, along with the arrows that go with it. It makes me feel safe, knowing I can fight side by side the vigilante and stop whatever threats come against the city.

When I'm down here, I am reminded that I am finally making a difference.... a good difference that is.
Our first mission is to track down a man named Simon Gorbovsky. Apparently, he is a Russian scientist, who experiments on people for money. He was last spotted in the city of Metropolis, and some sources say that he is coming to starling city for business next. If he does, we will be prepared and that poor soul is going to have a visit with Starlings most wanted, arrow-shooting, green, hooded vigilante. Half the city calls him "the Hood", but I think it's pretty stupid. I mean come on. If that is the press's attempt at trying to make him sound scary, they might as well name him "the shoe". That sure sounds scarier to me than a hoodie, coming to get me.. I am gonna make a new name for him. We need to talk.
I turn to Oliver, who is now sparring with Dig... when did he take off his shirt? His abdomen is covered in scars, but his six pack is very visible, and a tattoo on his chest shows. How on earth does every day he get 100 times better looking than the day before? I didn't realize that I was staring, til I heard the loudness cease into silence. Both of them stop and turn to me. Then Oliver speaks.
"Hey, you okay Felicity?" He looks at me with concern, his forehead scrunched up. Oh great. What did I need to tell him? Right. The name.
"Yeah! Fine. But I have been thinking. You need a name. I mean the vigilante. Not you."
Oliver smiles. "Okay. What did you have in mind?"
Hmmm. I got nothing.
"Well. Uuuuh how about....no. That's too broad. Hmm. What wears leather and a hood and shoots green arrows? That's it!!" Oliver looks at me confused and says, "What?"

"The Green Arrow."

I love it. It's perfect. Just absolutely perfect. It's scary, but not too scary, and heroic, plus it obviously fits in with everything he is known for. Oliver and Dig exchange looks and turn their heads back to me, both smiling. Then Oliver speaks. "I like it. I like it a lot. Dig?"
"I don't think you could be called anything better."
YES! I feel so accomplished! "Really?! So its settled then."

"But there is one problem. How will we get it out there?" Oliver asks. I step towards him and smile with my teeth. "You mister, are Oliver Queen. You are the CEO of a company worth billions of dollars. You mister, are famous. So what happens when Oliver Queen has an encounter with the Green Arrow? The press has a new story, that's what. And what does the press do when they have a new story?"
"They investigate and interview." Oliver answers.
"Exactly." I say, just starting to realize how close I am to a shirtless Oliver. I take a step back slightly, so things don't get awkward. He probably has a girlfriend anyway. I think he might still be with that lawyer girl he was with before the island. Breaking the silence, I speak. "See, hacking isn't my only super power. I am a secret mastermind behind these glasses." I refer to my glasses. Oliver is about to say something when he is interrupted by Diggle's ringing cell phone. Then Dig answers. "Hello?... sure, ill be home soon...Love you too. Bye." He presses the end call button and turns to us. "Hey, sorry guys, I gotta head home, trust me, you do not want to get on the bad side of a pregnant wife. Keep me posted on the plan, see ya later."
"Okay, bye dig!" I say. "We will keep you posted." Oliver says. Then he jogs up the stairs and exits the foundry. Then it's just me and Oliver.