Chapter 1: Back to the start

Once upon a time there was a little, nerdy, dark-haired girl, who spent her days trying to fit in, and realizing she never would, not this IT expert. Well, now her hair is blonde, And yes, that girl would be me.... Now your probably thinking about how weird I am now because I just talked in third person and now I'm only making it worse, so I am just gonna stop talking in 3..2..1.. okay. Let's start over.

I'm Felicity. Felicity Smoak. A couple years ago, I would have never been able to open up to say that I am a brave woman, or that I have the guts to stand up for what I believe in... or who I believe in... especially for those who I love. But today, I can say that I am a brave girl, because there comes a moment in our lives when we start to realize that we can overcome things. Things we never thought that we could overcome.
It is the last moments before you are sure you are going to die, that you finally start to see how far you have come from the nobody that you once were. And in those last moments, you finally start to see that it all started because you fell in love. It was just the moment that we looked into each other's eyes for the first time, that we saw each other's hearts, broken, and at that moment, decided to mend them back together.

I was at work, Queen Co. , a company owned by the Queen family. The same family who is known to all of starling city as the snobby billionaires, who only care for themselves. But also the same family who suffered a horrible accident involving the father and son, Robert and Oliver Queen, in a boat accident, in which both died, five years ago. But about a month ago, Oliver Queen returned to starling after being found on an island about 100 miles from the accident, leaving everyone buzzing around the city, and in shock that he is back, including me.

It's absolutely crazy to think about how he survived all those years, to think about what his family must have gone through, to think about what it's like to be back home, and knowing his father is dead, having witnessed it all. He must be devastated. In fact, I'm devastated for him.

Nobody knows this, but before the Queen's gambit went down, Robert hired me to be his personal computer wiz. I helped him with everything, and he was very appreciative of my work.
Over time, he became like a fatherly figure to me, considering I don't have my own and he would talk about his family issues and I would talk about mine, but what I always liked to hear about, was his son Oliver. He had a lot of issues, don't get me wrong, but there was just something about him.
I couldn't ever quite put my finger on it, but it was there, and no I'm not just saying that because he is the most handsome guy who ever stepped foot in starling city. Robert used to tell me how he would take small trips with Oliver and how they would talk for hours about school, Oliver's younger sister, Thea, and Oliver's love life, hoping I could give him advice to tell Oliver and I did. Things went well for everyone back then. I remember our conversation about how they were planning a trip a little longer than what they normally did, a boat trip. A couple days later, I turned on the news only to find the two Queen family men declared dead. My world shattered into thousands of tiny peices. I will always miss Robert, but I knew that I would miss Oliver just as much.
Oliver didn't know me, but I knew him. And yeah I know that sounds creepy, but it's true. I knew almost everything about him. And all the advice that he got from his dad was really advice from me. He was a special guy. And now that he is back, I just can't believe it.
But there's no way on earth that I will ever be able to face him with all this going through my head.
No wa..."Felicity Smoak?" My thoughts are interrupted by a young, but familiar, masculine voice. Chewing on my red pen, from my nerve racking thoughts, I slowly turn my head from my computer that I was supposedly "working" on, and direct it toward the man. Crap. I take the pen from my mouth, in utter shock because of who is in front of my eyes.
"Hi, I'm Oliver Queen." Why oh why does this have to happen to me?! Really? Of all people?! My God.
But who would have known that he could get any handsomer than he already was. I could stare into those baby blues all day long.
Suddenly words start to come out of my mouth without permission from my brain. Nooooo not now! Come on! Fight the babbling Felicity! Fight it! But it is too late. They are already coming out. "Oh, yes, I know who you are, Mr. Queen." He looks at me, smiles and says, "No, Mr. Queen was my father." Yikes. Okay, you can fix this. " yes, but he's dead." OMG WHY DID YOU SAY THAT? "I mean he drowned...on the Queens gambit...which you were also on, but you didn't, so you could come down to the IT department. And listen to me babble." Wow. Just wow. Things couldn't have been said worse. But to my surprise, Oliver let's out a small laugh.