The perfect team

Oliver and I decide to ride in the same car and he offers to drive. At first it is pretty quiet, other than the sound of the faint radio and the soft rain outside. But it isn't awkward like I had expected...it's actually peaceful, a feeling I don't exactly feel a lot. After about 5 minutes of silence, I stare out the window and speak.
"You know, I know a lot of people who hate the rain, always complaining about how it messes up their hair or gets their shoes muddy, but I love it. There is just something about it that relaxes me more than anything else."
I turn my head towards Oliver and we approach a red light and he looks back at me.
"I couldn't agree more Felicity. Can I tell you something?" I shake my head yes and he continues.
"A couple days after I found the Island, I honestly thought I was gonna die within the next couple hours. I hadn't slept, I had only eaten plants, I had only drank a small amount of water I found from a spring. I was just lost. Figuratively and literally. I didn't know what to do or where to go. Then it started raining, I found this cave, and I went inside it and I, for the first time in so long, didn't have any thoughts other than the millions of water droplets just falling from the sky. I couldn't stop myself from thinking it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. After watching the rain for a while, I fell asleep. I slept in peace for hours. When I woke up the next morning, I was determined to survive, not just so I could see my family and friends again, but so I could watch the rain again, from my home, because I knew if the rain could make me feel so at peace when I'm alone and in the darkest times of my life, I had to know what it felt like to experience it with the people I love."

Wow. I have never heard Oliver talk about the island before. I just can't imagine having to go through what he did. Every day I learn something new about him. I don't know what to reply back to him, but I just want him to know what he means to me. I do something next, that I never thought I would have the courage to do. I reached my right hand over and set it on top of his left hand, which was sitting on the console between us. For a second, he shoots me a glance, and I get the message that I shouldn't have done it, but when I start to pull away, he squeezes my hand lightly. His hand is so warm, and big, with all the right creases just perfect enough for my cold, small hand to fit into. And we just sit there, hands clasped, and stupid smirks on our faces, looking into each other's eyes, like we can read minds telepathically. Man I wish I could do that! I read once in a science article about telepathy and found out that it is very much possible with the correct stamina inside the connections of the two brains being telepathically joined. Again with the babbling, Felicity, I need help, there must be something I can take to get myself to stop talking so much, even if it is only in my head. Wait. Oliver and I are... IM HOLDING OLIVER'S HAND! I think I might die of a heart attack. Like right now. Then the cars in front of us start to move, and Oliver turns his head back to the road and starts driving, not moving his hand. I speak out of curiosity.
"Did you ever get what you wanted?" He pauses for a little but, then responds.
"I got so much more."
Was he referring to me? Then we arrive at the restaurant.
It looks kinda fancy from the outside, but after we walk in, on a scale from 0 to royalty, definitely royalty. Speaking of royalty, I'm pretty sure Oliver Queen isn't the only one here living large. Never in my life have I felt so underdressed. I turn to Oliver and quietly talk. "Umm, Oliver? "
"Yeah?" He looks at me with slight concern.
"I thought we were just gonna grab some pizza or something." Even the waiters are wearing what look like million dollar suits. Actually they look more like butlers.
"You can get pizza here. It's Italian." Well, he's not wrong.
"Not exactly what I meant." Then a waiter approaches us and Oliver addresses him. "Reservations for Queen. Party of two."
"Right this way Mr. Queen." He made reservations? How? I was in the car with him. He couldn't have. Unless he made them before he even asked me to go out to dinner. That little.. my insults are faltered by the breathtaking view we see, after following the waiter up the marble stairs. We make our way to a small, but perfectly set table in front of a glass wall that looks out on the city. It's so beautiful. I can't believe Oliver would take me here. What did I ever give to him?
"Okay, before you throw anymore giant, expensive surprises at me, can you at least start explaining what the big occasion is?" This night just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
" Does there have to be an occasion?"
"Well, I guess not, but it would make a little more sense."
Okay. What the heck? Does he just go out to bazillion dollar restaurants every night after cleaning up the streets? Typical Oliver Queen.
"After being gone so long, I really started to miss this."
"What? Fancy restaurants only gazillionaires can afford?"
Oliver laughs and shakes his head.
"That's not what I meant by 'this' , what I meant was this."
He gestures and turns to the view looking out over Starling. Slightly embarrassed for my false acusation, I look too and speak. "I can see why. I have never seen Starling like this before. It's... beautiful."
"I used to come here all the time, sometimes with Thea, sometimes with my parents, but most of the time by myself. People always thought I came for the food or for the high class, five star, environment it provided, but I always just came to sit at this table. To just sit here and nowhere else and stare out the window, out looking starling, hoping one day, that I could somehow make it as much of a better place as it is beautiful."
Sometimes Oliver Queen says the most unexpected things, but somehow, his words are always perfect in every way.
"Well, Oliver, it looks like your fulfilling your dream. Starling is already a better place thanks to you, and I know your father would be so proud of you."
As soon as the words slip out of my mouth, I regret it. Bringing up his father was a bad idea on every level. I am sure he doesn't want to think about him, and now I can't stop thinking about him. I have to tell him sooner or later. But maybe now's not the time.
" Thanks. You know, I have no idea how you can be so many things at once."
"What does that mean?" I respond, before he finishes.
He smiles and looks at me.
" I mean, you can do whatever you set your mind to. That's just who you are. I have never met anyone who is as determined as you are to make sure that life can be the best that it can be." I look down slightly.
"Thanks, but ill never be as brave as you. I might have the determination, but you have the guts. "
I look back at him. He is amazing in a million different ways, I don't know how I ever thought we could be together. I don't know why he would ever choose a weak girl like me to share his secret.
Then, he talks, a little quieter. "But you see, that's why we make the perfect team Felicity." A smile creeps to my lips and we talk for hours about useless topics, passing time. Nothing else matters except the fixing of our hearts that were both once shattered.