Chapter 10

“Of course!” I replied. “I do remember Chase saying something about that! And anyway, I’ve never really had grape gatorade, because I’ve always had a weird allergy to it.” Drake smiled, and we walked out into Wills car. 

“Well, we better get started.” Drake answered. 

I sighed the said, “How will we get blood from Jake? I’m sure Alice will let us, because she really wants to be away from him just as much as you want-” When I looked at Drake, his face was full of sarcasm. 

“Are you kidding me? You are a vampire with FULL powers! You made him walk away with your mind. I’m sure you can figure out something.” He was right. I knew what I had to do, but I had to do it fast.

------------- 

“Hey Jake.” I said flirtatiously, my smile wide. Jake looked around, then smiled his bright smile at me. 

“Hey, hey Nicky.” He answered. In my head, I thought of Jake and the passageway to his brain with his thoughts. I blinked, and when my eyes were open again, I could hear Jakes inner thoughts, surprised what I did actually worked. 

‘I can’t wait till she’s all mine.’ He thought. I forced a smile and looked straight in Jakes eyes. 

“So,” I whispered, trying to make my voice husky. “Are you busy? Like right now?”Jake smiled, his smile like a hungry sharks when it smells its prey. 

“Let’s go to my room.” He answered back. ‘Oh, and Nicky? Please stay out of my personal thoughts.’ He thought, and I was pushed so hard out of Jakes head, that I stumbled back.

Jake chuckled and left, me following behind him. “And welcome to Casa De Jake.” He exclaimed. I looked around the room and almost gasped, the view was so beautiful. Outside, there was a balcony that looked over tons of trees and then into a shimmering lake. 

“The view is… amazing!” I whispered to him, my breath lost. 

Jake chuckled again, then replied, “I had a huge fight with Alice over this room, but in the end, I got it.” My smile fell when Jake mentioned Alice, and I remembered my mission. “Why her?” I asked Jake, needing to know the answer. “Why did you bite Alice and create a bond with her? Bonds are for love, and you so obviously don’t love her.” Jakes eyes turned dark, then softened a bit on the edges. 

“That’s where you’re wrong.” He whispered. “I have no idea who tells you your information, but that person knows nothing about me and the truth.”

I crossed my arms, and looked at Jake stonily.”So your saying you love Alice?” I asked, voice cold. Jake looked at me in the eyes, knowing I could tell if he was lying or not. 

“Yes. I love her more than the sun loves the moon, and the stars love the sky. Which is why I’ve been trying to break our bond. I didn’t mean to make it. It was a complete accident! I was kissing her, and I guess I was thirsty. She still had so much human blood in her, since she’d just changed into a vampire.” He whispered, anger in his voice. “I should’ve drank before I went to the party, but I had forgotten. And then, when I saw Alice, I immediately fell in love with her. She was, and still is, so beautiful. When I saw her, I wanted to grab her into my arms at that very moment and kiss her forever and ever. I wanted to protect her no matter what. And when we were kissing, I felt a spark, like in those movies. But then, I noticed too late that she still had human blood in her, and that I hadn’t eaten for the last three days. But, I had noticed that when my fangs were already in her neck.”

Jake had tears trailing down his cheeks by now, and his face looked like he was in pain. “I know how to break the bond. All I need is your blood.” I said to Jake, my voice soft. He smiled sadly, but immediately grabbed a goblet type thing from a cupboard, and a knife. He cut himself with a knife, deep enough that a lot of blood would flow out before it healed. After about a minute, he gave me the goblet, full of his blood.