Chapter 11

“Shit.” I said, staring out the window. Drake ran from the room and out the front door. “Shit, shit, shit!” I whispered, chasing after him. 

“Alice!” Drake yelled, voice frantic. “ALICE!” he ran to the fence, but she wasn’t there, and I when I put all my power in it, I could feel her still alive, though where? I don’t know, at least not yet. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and focusing everything I had into finding Alice. Soon, my feet started to move of their own accord, going left, right, right, left, right, left, left. Though my eyes were closed so I’m not sure that was exactly right. I soon gave up on remembering how to get back, because there were too many lefts and rights, but a minute later my feet stopped abruptly, almost making me trip!

When I opened my eyes, I saw Alice just sitting there, eyes closed and legs crossed. She looked like she was… meditating. “Um… Alice?” I asked, gently poking her. She shot up like a crazed person, but then saw it was me and calmed slightly. I looked into her eyes, thankfully seeing them all purplish. No black what so ever, well except for the pupil of course. “What the fuck just happened Alice?” I asked sternly, my eyes drilling into hers. She took a deep, shaky breath, then explained everything to me. 

“So, I kissed Jakes forehead and it was like… time stopped. Jake he- he sat up and looked at me in the eyes, but his eyes… his eyes were so- so…” Alice was shaking now, sobs escaping her mouth. “His eyes were so black… so dark… I- I fell into them… and then, I remember struggling… something was in me… I needed to get it out. But the only way to do that was to go… somewhere. I- I don’t know where though, because after that I just woke up here, in this position, meditating.”

“Why were you meditating?” I asked, eyes narrowed. Alice looked at me, eyes blank. 

“I-I-I don’t know! It was just how I woke up. I- I can’t explain it… I’m sorry.” I looked at her face, and she looked so hopeless, that I softened a bit. 

“Okay.” I whispered. “Let’s go before Drakes heart starts beating again, and then he dies from a heart attack.” I pulled Alice to her feet, and we started towards Drake.

They were all sitting around the fire in the living room. There was a long, chilling, silence. No one dared to speak. Until Drake did of course. “What the he-” I cut him off with a look that could break glass. Alice looked down, then a second later, her head shot back up. 

“Where. Is. Jake?!” she asked, voice cracking with fear. 

“Fuck.” I said, then ran out of the room, unknowingly using my blurring power. When I got to Jakes room, he was just sitting up, a creepy smile upon his face, and the door slammed shut behind me.

“Nicky.” He said, voice sounding like a snakes would if it could talk. “Leave right now, or die.” I snorted, then looked at him, my eyes sharp. 

“I’m not leaving, but I’m not dying again either.” I snarled out, voice cold with fury. Jakes eyes were pitch black like Alice had said, but I had a feeling that though he may be able to hurt someone else, he could not hurt me. At least not yet. And that’s when I knew. I knew who this thing was. What it was.                                                          

“You’re not Jake! You’re one of those creepy black shadow things that won’t leave me alone! And keep on trying to hurt me!” Jake, or more like the thing inside of Jake, laughed. A cruel, bitter laugh. 

“Trust me,” it said. “We’ve tried to hurt you. But all of your power keeps us from our mission.” Jake, was seething with anger. The blackness in his eyes flashing like lightning. Then, I heard a knock and Jake smiled and once again, it was a cruel and bitter smile.