Chapter 8

“Are we almost there?” Drake asked, eyes drawn with exhaustion. I rolled my eyes, but laughed. 

“I think so… Two hours more at most.” I replied. Drake groaned, but kept on walking.

------------- 

An hour and a half later, Alec’s scent ended at a building twice as big as the Empire State Building! It was a gothic mansion from like the 1700s! Drake walked up to the door, obviously spooked, and knocked on the door. It opened slowly, no one appearing to have touched it. “Hello?” Drake squeaked out as we walked into the main foyer. He jumped, when the door closed behind us. I chuckled, and then looked at my surroundings. 

“Cool…” I whispered fingering a cobweb. I’ve always had a thing for old mansions, but this one blew away all of the others I’ve ever been to. The doors were a blood red, and velvety to the touch. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the diamonds real. And there were no light bulbs, only candle holders with the long candles sticking out of them! Plus, the house had a spooky feeling to it. Like stuff here happened, that no one would ever expect. 

“Hello,” a male voice drawled out. I turned around in surprise, wondering how I didn’t hear him come up to me. But as soon as I saw his face, all of my thoughts disappeared. Because, he was… Hot! With a capital H! His hair was a dark auburn with a slight wave to it, and his eyes were a deep crimson color. His hair was dripping wet and there was a towel around his waist. When I looked down, I noticed his abs! Man! He had like a 20 pack! If you ever saw him, you’d definitely agree with me. “Like what you see?” He asked, voice taunting. I looked at Drake, and his eyes were like ice. 

“Leave her alone.” He growled. The guy just laughed and rolled his eyes.  

“Yes Jake. Leave our guests alone.” Another voice chimed in. It was a girl this time. Her hair was blond, and straight as a toothpick. She looked a lot like Alec and Shelsey, though her eyes were a purplish color, and her lips were perked in disgust. Jake looked at her and sighed. 

“You again.” He said, voice bored but also with love in it, though that was hidden so well I forgot about it a couple seconds later. The girl took a deep breath, but forced a smile. 

“You know you can’t avoid me. No matter where you hide in this house, I will always find you. Now, back to our guests.” She turned to look at me, her eyes skipping Drake entirely. When I looked at him, he was frozen in place, a look of shock upon his face. 

“My name is Alice, and this is Jake. Welcome to our home.” The girl, Alice, said. I felt Drake stiffen when she said the word home. “Our parents are talking to someone at this time, the… man… that came before you. But they will come to meet you soon. We’ve-” Alice was cut off by Jake, his eyebrows raised. 

“You mean I’ve.” He said. Alice just rolled her eyes, and pushed him away.  

“We’ve, been expecting you. Jake will get changed, and then meet us at the dinner table. I will take you there right now.” She said. 

Drake was still frozen in place, so I asked Alice, “Is the guy who your parents are with right now, named Alec?” Alice smiled, nodded once, then started walking forward. I smiled back, and grabbed Drakes hand, pulling him out of his frozenness. Alice looked at our intertwined hands, forcing her to look at Drake. She smiled tightly, and then started walking again, this time at a faster pace. 

An hour later, everyone was seated at the large chestnut-colored dining table. “Hello Nicky and Drake! Welcome!” a middle-aged guy said, his voice and smile warm. The woman beside him smiled too, her smile also warm. 

“Yes welcome!” she said, full of cheer. “My name is Grace, and this here is my husband Will.” Grace touched her husband, the middle-aged guy and also Will, on his shoulder lovingly.