Chapter 6

“Oh My GOD! You have GOT to be joking! You are joking right? I mean you have to be! Because being a vampire is like being DEAD, except you drink blood and- and… Chase, I don’t want to be a vampire!” I cried out hysterically, pretty much falling into Chase’s outstretched arms. He sighed and looked at me sadly. 

“I’m sorry Nicky, but it’s too late now. Plus, being a vampire isn’t so bad. Just don’t think of the blood. And anyway, it’s not like you’d have to kill people or even animals to get their blood. You could just take a little at a time. And please Nicky, do not get angry at Drake. He saw all the pain you were in, and thought he was helping you. Saving you from whatever caused you that pain. He loves you Nicky, and he’s known that ever since he laid eyes on you.” Chase whispered. I wanted to slap Chase immensely, but knew that wouldn’t help me at all. 

“Okay.” I whispered, giving in. “Let’s go.” I let Chase grab my hand, and drag me to where ever we had to go for him to teach me my lessons. My, vampire lessons.

Day after day, I kept learning. First about controlling my anger, and my future need for blood, then about fighting techniques and my mesmerizing powers, and after that I learned about the history and other crap about vampires. Finally, it was time for me to leave. “You are now ready to wake up, and start your vampire journey.” Chase said, smiling at me proudly. I blushed, and hugged him. 

“Will I ever see you again?” I asked, hoping for him to say yes. Chase scrunched his face up, and then breathed deeply. 

“Maybe.” He answered. His proud smile had now turned sad. I hugged him again, then kissed his cheek. 

“Not maybe, definitely.” I whispered back as everything around me started to disappear. 

“Goodbye Nicky.” He said, seeming to be miles away. “Be careful.” 

 “She’s awake!” I heard a really familiar voice say. I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing I saw was a spider in its spider web frantically weaving an intricate pattern for its babies to recognize her. I could literally hear every move she made, see each and every line of her web, and smell of fear grew upon me as the spider looked upon us as a prey to predators. 

“Whoa…” I whispered, voice trembling with excitement. A hand touched me lightly, and when I recognized it as Drakes, I immediately sprung up into a crouch and snarled. Drake’s eyes went wide and he was pulled away by an unfamiliar face. 

“Hello, I am Drakes father Alec. Do not be scared. I’m sure you’ve been visited by someone. The person taught you everything on how to… cope, right?”  he asked. Alec’s voice was deep, but full of love and warmth. 

I slowly stood back up from my crouch, and nodded. “Yes.” I whispered, my voice higher and with a sort of tinkle to it. “Chase was very…. Helpful.” Alec smiled, and then looked at Drake. He walked up to me slowly, as if he was approaching a lion. Careful, but also full of fear. When he was close enough to me that if I reached my hand out, I could touch him, I narrowed my eyes. Slowly again, Drake backed up. 

“Hi Nicky… I know I shouldn’t have done that but-” I quickly cut him off. 

“Damn right you shouldn’t have done that! Do you really think I want to be a fucking VAMPIRE?! Because out of all the things I DID want to be, vampire was most DEFINITELY not one of them! And you TURNED ME INTO ONE! Without even ASKING me!” my voice was so venomous and full of hate, that Drake winced. 

“I’m sorry… I know I was an idiot. It just… I saw you and was like whoa! There’s a girl I’d like to spend the rest of my life with! We only just met, but… I feel like I’ve always known you Nicky… And I just felt that… that this would be the right thing for me to do. That it’ll all work out somehow. And your misery… I felt it, seeking through me! The pain of your death… Your dad’s death… Your mom having a heart attack... I’m sorry, yes. But I do not regret having turned you.” Drake said, his voice full of power but also softness. I looked at him, and took a deep breath, ready to blow on him again. But instead, I heard Chases voice in my head.