Chapter 7

“Goodness! Most people would be EXCITED when they heard that they might have ALL the powers! But no, not you.” Alec said sarcastically. I took a deep breath to calm myself, then smiled. 

“I AM excited. But I just… I have a lot on my plate right now, and this whole ‘all power’ thing, is just adding more stuff. Not lessening the weight. Plus, hearing that makes me even MORE scared! I was already scared about maybe hurting someone by accident by like… drinking from them… but now… what if I hurt them because I can’t CONTROL my powers? Or- or-” Drake cut me off with a sigh. 

“Listen Nicky. You have powers that ANYONE would literally DIE for! For example, to humans, when you run… you’re pretty much INVISIBLE. And to vampires… you’re nothing but a BLUR! Do you know how useful that could be? And then manifesting things?! If you worked on it hard enough, you’d be able to manifest something as large as a mansion! You can already manifest a car, and that’s pretty complicated. That’s why Alec and I think that you’re one of the rare vampires who have all the powers. We would conduct more tests, but we honestly don’t see a need for that. Personally, we have never met anyone with all the powers, but there is a rumor that one of them, a guy, lives right here in the future. If you would like, we could go to him and he could tell us if you do have all the powers. Then, we would be able to leave and go back to the past.” Drake said.

I sighed deeply, knowing I didn’t really have a choice, then rolled my eyes. “Okay, fine. Let’s find him.” I said, already regretting my decision, but knowing that I did have to know whether I had all the powers or not. I faked a smile, then sat down on the ground. 

“Well, I’d have to come with you.” Alec whispered. I jumped, having completely forgotten about him. 

“Okay.” I replied, when I had finally gotten over the fright. “But I have one question… Okay, so you know how it’s night right now? Well… what happens during the day? Do we like… burn to the ground? Sparkle? Um... anything like that?” I asked, looking down in embarrassment. Drake and Alec looked at each other and burst out laughing. I just stood there with a smirk on my face, until they finally stopped laughing. Which was like 5 minutes later, meaning they were clutching their stomachs from the pain of laughing too much. 

“What?” I asked angrily. Drake laughed again, then smiled at me. 

“Sorry, it just that… Wasn’t Chase supposed to tell you all this?” he answered back, and I could tell that he was stifling another laugh. 

I looked down again and muttered, “Obviously I don’t know. Otherwise I wouldn’t be asking you this.” 

Drake smiled rubbed my back, and then whispered, “Neither. Sweetie, you’ve been watching way too much TV! But don’t worry, I still love you. Anyway, when we go out in the sun, we just need a little SPF 50. We won’t burn to the ground, but the sun might still hurt you. It’s not that bad, so don’t worry. I mean, that’s how I always went out in the sunlight!” Drake lightly touched my arm, and when he did so, I shivered. 

“Alright, thanks.” I whispered back, and kissed him on his cheek. “Let’s go. But only if you promise that we can go home right afterwards. 

“I Promise.” 

------------- 

“Shelsey, can you do us a favor?” Alec asked, his voice with a sad-like twinge to it. I looked at Drake questionably, but he looked sad too. 

“What’s wrong?” I whispered, and lightly touched his arm. He looked at me from below his eyelashes and sighed. 

“Long story.” He whispered back. “I’ll tell you another night.” I nodded then listened in on the conversation on the phone.