Chapter 4

My limp was basically gone now. I just had to rub my ankle and take it easy. It seemed to work, so that was good. The car that Austin was in started to go my way and I pulled out my phone to make it look like I didn't notice. It stayed behind me for a few minutes, but then it finally went ahead of me. He must have told his mom (I'm guessing that's who was driving him) to stay behind me for a little bit. How sweet!

No! Shut up Lucy! You can't have a crush on him. He's out of your league and always will be. Besides, you don't know how he really is. He could be a total jerk. How would you feel then?

I thought all of those thoughts until I arrived home. And you'll never guess what. Austin moved into the house that was 3 houses away from mine. Great. Just perfect. He saw me and waved, but I pretended I didn't notice and went inside. I did what I always did when I got home from school. Put my bag away, pulled out my homework, finished it, and then made a snack. I just ate a granola bar this time because I wasn't all that hungry, surprisingly.

I got a text from Austin, and here's our conversation:

"Hey! I can't believe that I moved 3 houses away from u! That's crazy lol"

"You did?? That's cool!"

"Ya it is! So, what r u doing today that means we can't hang out? :("

"Well, I'm actually not doing anything. I'm just really tired and wanna chill. But you can come over if you want to. :)"

"Ok! I'll see u in like, 2 minutes."

"Kk. Oh! And bring swim trunks!!"

"What, why?"

"You'll see! Just bring 'em over."

He wasn't kidding. He really was over in 2 minutes! He showed up in his swim trunks and shoes. Nothing else.

He has a nice body, too?! Seriously, this is sucky.

"So, you wanna tell me why I had to come over in swim trunks?"

"Yes! Hold on though. I have to go get into my swim stuff. Make yourself at home!"

"Okay, thanks." He smiled and watched me walk down the hallway to my bedroom.

I closed the door and started going through my swim suit drawer. I needed to wear something that was really cute! I mean, I know he's only been here for a day, but still. You have to make a good first impression right? Right. I decided to wear my neon pink bikini that had neon green ties. It was my favorite and it fit me well. Honestly, I don't want to flatter myself or anything, but I really did have a nice body. I was tan, fit, and just perfect up in the chest area. I looked at myself in the mirror for a second and decided that I should fix my make up and put my hair up into a ponytail. Much better.

When I walked out, Austin stood right up. "Wow. I guess pink really is your favorite color."

"I told you!" I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed his hand. He held it back and I dragged him outside to our backyard to our pool. We were the only ones in the neighborhood with this big of a pool, so, I have lots of friends. :P I let go of Austin's hand, but he didn't let go of mine right away. It was nice, really nice, but I couldn't let him know that. I pulled away and jumped right in. Austin followed with a cannon-ball. For how small he was, he really could make a big splash!

He's amazing...