Chapter Thirty ~Two

Taylor's POV

I walked with Alex into his house and saw that there was a lot of food. I mean it was nicely decorated and there was quite a few people there.

"Hey Alex." This one boy who looks our age says.

"Hey Zach." Alex said and they bro hugged. "What are you doing here?" Alex asked.

"I had to come for your birthday and we are moving back here anyway." He said and Alex smiled. I started to walk away so they can talk and that but Zach looked at me and Alex grabbed my hand and I went back.

"Who's this?" Zach asked with a hint of amusement.

"This is my girlfriend. Taylor this is Zach my best friend and my cousin." He said and Zach smiled.

"I'm gone for 4 months and you get a girlfriend?" Zach asked and Alex laughed.

"Alex! Zach! Taylor! Get in here!" Alex's mum yelled and we laughed and all walked in the living room

I met Alex's family and right now Alex and I were just sitting on the couch.

Just then there was a knock on the door and Alex and I got up to get it but his mum got there first.

"Grandma!" Violet yelled and she picked her up and hugged her before putting her back down.

"Awex." She said walking over to us and hugging his legs.

"Hey squirt." He said ruffling her hair and she pouted.

"Don't listen to Uncle Alex he's just a big meanie." His mum said to Violet and she laughed.

"Hey!" Alex yelled and I laughed and he looked at me upset and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"Lia."
"Hi mum." She said putting her bags down and hugging her.

"Happy Birthday Little brother." She said and messed up his hair.

"Hey Taylor," she said hugging me and then she let go and said, "It's so nice to meet you in person."

She smiled and picked her bags up and started walking upstairs. "Alex watch Violet while I take care of these." She said and Alex nodded.

Then his grandfather walked in with Gabe.

Tears filled Alex's mum's eyes once she saw Gabe.

"Gabe."she said and just stared at him.

"Papa." Alex said hugging him.

"Happy Birthday Alex." He said and then grabbed his wallet.

"Don't tell anyone." He said handing Alex $50.

"Papa I can't take this." He said and tried to give the money back but he refused.

"It's tradition. Now keep it but don't tell anyone." He said and Alex put the money in his pocket.

"Now who's this?" He asked looking from Alex to me.

"Papa this is my girlfriend Taylor." Alex said and he smiled.

"Does she make you happy?" He asked and Alex looked at me and smiled.

"Yes." He said and his Papa smiled.

"I'd say she's a keeper and I know you'll be good to her." He said and then walked away.

Alex looked at me and laughed. "See they like you." He said and I smiled.

We turned to see Alex's mum crying and Gabe hugging her.

"Happy Birthday Alex." Gabe said and Alex's mum let go.