Chapter Eighteen

Taylor's P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of... I don't even know but it smelt yummy. I got out of bed and put a pair of sweats on over my shorts and walked out of my room while pulling my hair back in a messy bun. I got to the kitchen to see Calum,Luke, Mikey and Liz and I noticed Liz was making some toast and vegemite and some eggs.

I sat down at the table and Liz handed me a plate. "Thank you Liz." I said and she smiled.

"No problem."

"Oh Taylor we forgot to tell you. You are going to be out of school for a week." Calum said before taking another bite of toast.

"Why?" I asked.

"So you can visit my mum and sister for my sister's birthday and just to give you a little break from everything." Calum explained and all I could think about was the amount of homework I would have.

"So I should start packing?" I asked finishing my breakfast.

I got up and rinsed off my plate and put it in the sink.

"Yes." Mikey said also standing up.

I walked upstairs and grabbed my suitcase and start packing.

While I was packing my phone buzzed.

I picked it up to see a text from Alex.

From Alex : Taylorrrrrrrr
I rolled my eyes but quickly responded.
To Alex:Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as I sent that I got a response.

From Alex: I'm bored. :/

To Alex:Of course you are.

From Alex: Hangout with meeee.

I rolled my eyes again, only Alex.
To Alex: Kinda busy right now. :/

From Alex:Too bad I'm outside.

"Of course he is." I said rolling my eyes. I walked downstairs and opened the door to in fact see Alex there.

"About time Taylor." He said walking inside and I just shut the door.

"Whatever. " I said and then Alex and I walked upstairs into my room and he sat on my bed while I went back to packing.

"What are you packing for exactly?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Well turns out I'm gonna be gone for a week." I told him still packing.

"What?!" He yelled and I stopped and looked up at him.

"I'm sure you can survive without me you did it before you met me." I said and he looked down at his hands.

"Not really. " he said so quietly I almost didn't catch it.

"Alex?" I said but he didn't answer. "Alex." I said and he looked at me and I saw the sadness in his eyes.

"Forget about it Taylor I'll see you when you get back from your break." He said standing up and heading towards my door.

I quickly grabbed his arm and stopped him. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and he just shook his head.

"You wouldn't understand just forget it Taylor. Have fun."he said and took his arm out of my hand and walked away. What?

I quickly ran outside after him. "What does that mean Alex?"I asked and he kept ignoring me. "Alex talk to me!" I said and he turned around.

"I never thought I could ever be happy before you came along. You actually made me smile and laugh Taylor. You wouldn't understand." He said. Hold up what?

"What wouldn't I understand?" I asked and he looked stressed and frustrated but also upset.

Then before I knew it he grabbed my neck and kissed me.

It took a minute to comprehend. It was surprising but comforting. I put my hands in his hair and kissed him back but then we both let go.

Alex left and I just stood there. Alex kissed me. I kissed Alex. My lips still tingled. I walked back inside and went up to my room. Does this mean what I think it means?