[36] Planning

Gripping the vampires midsection like a vice, Villahr’s thighs shook slightly as he held on tightly. The dark one was actually pushing back this time, though it was more an instinctual thing than anything else because Villahr would have been flat on his back by now if he were giving it his all.

The elna ignored the crinkling of leaves behind him, indicating another’s approach, and never took his eyes off Denaii. His fangs were glistening; a colourless fluid. It was either saliva or something more noxious. Judging by the slightly tan to the aroma, reminding Villahr a little of iron mixed with some sort of citrus, he took the latter to be most likely. His body was producing copious amounts already, and had their positions been reversed a generous slathering would have probably dripped down onto his cheek.

Fortunately, vampires could not turn Vicio, so even if Denaii struck him with powerful pincers, the venom wouldn’t have the desired effect. Their was only one way to produce the lethal substance from the very roots of a bloodsuckers canines and that was a direct message from the brain. Had Denaii been hungry, his body would have produced a paralytic or sedative, but right now the night-walkers inner demon was surfacing; the one who thought of nothing but its lust for blood and desire to turn everything and everyone that looked at it finny.

Villahr’s talons pushed deep into the other males left pectoral as he held him with all his strength against the dirt. Chances are Denaii wasn’t even aware of his change in thought patterning, it just came with the anger. Villahr had attacked him, so it was his fault they were at each others throats now to be honest. He trusted Denaii as much as one could trust a vampire, which was something that couldn’t really be done, so that was saying something.

 Villahr had to admit he didn’t mind Denaii’s company much anymore, but they still weren’t bosom buddies or anything. Sometimes his urge to cause him pain was strong and relentless. Now would be one of those times.

Villahr can feel something warm dripping down his face just below his eye, near where he knew there was a scar ever so slightly visible. Denaii hadn’t intentionally done it, more like he had accidentally snagged the skin as the vici unexpectedly slammed him to the ground. The footsteps came to a halt behind him and Villahr caught a whiff of lavender.

“Oh good,” Karolinna feigned delight, it registered to her sibling as mild amusement. “You’re bonding.”

Villahr didn’t take his eyes away from Denaii long, but it was just enough time for the latter to push him from atop him whilst the elna was still attempting to decipher the look on Karolinna’s face. Villahr did a sort of tuck and roll type manoeuvre  just before he touched ground and was back to his feet in seconds.

Karolinna rolled her eyes at the males, before trudging her veil girdling over her face after receiving a rather stern look from Villahr. He watched Denaii intently, who made the rather brazen move of sitting down amongst the tree roots about a foot from Karolinna. 

The vampire winked at him, and Villahr responded with a growl.

Due to shotty workmanship, there is wind whistling through the planks on the windows. It adds a very prickling chill to the room, mixing in with the figurative one put there by the cold expressions and angry gestures of all in the tiny structure. Many of them have their arms crossed over their chests or their women, focussed and determined.

One of the men plopped down in an old arm chair next to the dying fireplace, and he poked it with a stick. A woman sneezed as a waft of dust — which covered just about everything in the surrounding area — filled her nostrils . This earned the aforementioned male a slap on the arm before she encircled the chair and gently settled herself in his lap.