[26] Stranger

When Karolinna rolled into her room, Villahr was waiting there as expected. Through the window was a better alternative to the front door, but at least Villahr wasn’t staking it out down there. He had one of those looks on his face that made one want to curl up into themselves and disappear.

Ardeidae toneh en solei flier ily Fae.” Karolinna said as she caught Villahr’s eye. “Oaa Elna. You know I can’t judge. If the five beautiful women who left here last week alone are anything to go by.”

When she stood up Karolinna brushed off the pieces of dust and gravel clinging to her flesh.Villahr raised a thick and determined brow.

For a second the blonde thought she might have seen the faintest of smiles, but it was gone before she could really get a good look.

“Karolinna…”

“Villahr,” the faelna answered mockingly, matching her companion’s stern and parental tone. He just continued to cast upon Karolinna a cold stare in silence. If they could form without melting on contact, icicles would be lining the tinted glasses that spent most of the day atop Karolinna’s head holding her hair in place.

Villahr leaned forward in the chair, in the same place before her vanity mirror. All her cosmetics had been neatly arranged on the desktop, which Karolinna to wonder how long he had been there.

“You do know you’re not my father, right?” Karolinna pushed by him, pulling her dress up over her head. Snagging on the dark specs which ended up coming off with the animalistic material, she tossed it to her dresser to deal with later.

“I may as well be, since I am pretty much speaking on his behalf,” Villahr answered plainly. He didn’t sound at all angry, nor did he look it, which was, in Karolinna’s experience, always a bad sign. Apart from the knot between his eyes and his lips pressed together tightly when they weren’t parted for words to brush past them, he looked a little irked at the most.

Karolinna made a face at his response.

Wearing a pair of white jeans and a loose but open ivory long-sleeve, Villahr looked especially handsome in the dim lighting. He must have changed since getting home because there was no way he would risk spilling Korebon or singeing such crop garments.

A candle burning on the desktop cast what little rays it put off onto the left side of Villahr’s face.

The immediate visage in her minds eye of Danah , whilst on the subject of male parental figures, made Karolinna shiver. Often she would fantasize of Villahr, despite the brotherly feelings that were buried somewhere underneath the lustful ones. The idea of attraction to her ‘father’ made her want to heave.

With her Doesono’s head refusing to dissipate, the word “Daddy” took n a whole new meaning, and she thought to the countless times she had used it in the past to make her male partners squirm. Right now it was making her squirm for a whole mess of different reasons.

Karolinna’s face scrunched unpleasantly.

“Oh sweet Divine,” she said, “Don’t ever reference yourself in that way ever again!” Karolinna mimed vomiting, her head down behind her dresser where she made obvious hacking noises over the garbage can.

Villahr laughed, his voice deep and only making Karolinna feel even more queazy when she looked up to see Danah’s head bobbing up and down like a buoy, in mid-air where it seemingly floated before Villahr. Eventually his features broke through, and giving her head a good shake Karolinna was able to separate the cloud of her father that hung between them by breaking the mental connection off at the root.