[33] Take Two

Villahr was pacing again, his fists clenching tight at his sides. It wasn't nerves, but his hatred that drove him. He agreed to come, though he wasn’t sure why. Apparently even in this delicate stasis, between the two of them, Karolinna was still working her conniving powers at maximum overdrive. He would do just about anything for her, against his better judgement, and he had — on more than one occasion he helped to dispose of her accidents and he never said a word to anyone for hew knew how badly she would be punished for her carelessness — but this was pushing it.

The zipper of Villahr’s leather cloak-like jacket, scratched against his bare skin where his grey v-neck dipped down low and he could feel it but it was like seeing something out of the corner of your eye, it didn’t quite register. His mind was on a bigger things.

Karolinna was sitting in her usual space, currently twirling her hair about her finger, while she stare up into the night sky. Whenever Villahr looked to her or in her direction she would immediately look down to the small cellular in her lap. He cautioned her many times about staring directly at the glowing orb in the sky, and that was back at the estate. She wanted to show him despite the occasional mishaps that she could be responsible. It never really was a huge concern that he know this before, but if there ever was a need, that time was now.

Karolinna had thought she might feel a little antsy about tonight, but for some strange reason there wasn’t even a blip of anxiety in her belly. She pat her hand over the area, as if flattening out imaginary wrinkles in the silk camp under her coat. It was a poor choice of dress, granted, but what she didn’t show outwardly n nervousness, her body certainly made up for by turning on the heat. 

She had been on fire most of the day, and had she worn anything thicker, covering greater expanse, she wasn’t sure she could stand to protect her modesty for long. Even with the minimal clothing she wore now, she was feeling uncomfortably hot around the collar, so to speak — if she had a collar.

The last time she had come here she unintentionally baited Villahr here as well. Part of her knew there was no way the elna would let his guard down that easily, and she supposed the other part just didn’t care. Villahr would have found out about Denaii soon enough, and she was honestly very pleased to say that cat was out of the bag before the poor thing suffocated.

Villahr’s claws lengthened then grew blunt again, over and over, like a fidgety person juggling about with their keys, or someone trying to pass the time at the doctors office, waiting for their name to be called. Again, he wasn’t nervous, not really, but clearly aggravated, if anything. Every shrill scrunch into the night or rustle of something moving in the trees, set him off, and his fangs made their appearance. 

Right now they rested over his bottom lip as his top pulled back ever so slightly as he worked to suppress a snarl threatening to rip its way out. 

“Why am I not surprised you are being so nonchalant about this?” Villahr asked, his voice somewhat dulled down from the way he held his head and his hood shielding his face as If they were blinders. No doubt she had done this countless times. It angered him that this could easily have been going on for weeks under his nose and he was too stupid to see it. But then again, in his defence, there was no way he would have ever predicted this.

Karolinna tried her luck with a small smile, not daring to show her true ease with anything larger.

“Why am I not surprised you are being such a tight ass?”

The blonde cast a look back into the trees after hearing a crackling of something breaking. The pungent tang of blood hit her nostrils soon after and she gathered the preceding sound to be the crack of bone. Admittedly her mind went first to Denaii and she couldn’t help but draw up the picture of his mouth of the jugular of some poor creature, his fangs soaking up all the blood from it’s veins with relish. But she shop this thought from mind, and without proof or factual knowledge, she determined that there was no way he would have done such of thing and her mind was simply playing tricks on her.