Coming to Terms

Chapter: Document from The Raven

My poor father continued to hold the girl closely, he gaze looking drearily on his arm, a dulled soul feeling numb. He had hardly noticed the wound, his heart ached more than his own pain. What good is a wolf without its pack? He sighed softly. He can dread for now but later he has Liz and William to look after... then he must find the others. Perhaps the Dream Knight knows more about what is happening around them. If it has anything to do with danger to Luna he is bound to come, him and everyone else.

Prince watched William and the Commander as they made their way to the battle field. Letting Liz pull away a little she watch his eyes with a pained frown. Prince sat on a fallen damp log while the other Shadows murmured in conversation and continued in helping patch each other up. Most of them were Shadows from Forest Realm, all bound to staying here until their deed was done. Anyone else were survivors, four of them- this including Prince- from Mid Realm and the rest failed to leave when their tribe left in the heat of battle.

Griffon followed behind the stranger whom he quickly gaining respect for. For now he was only concerned about his daughter, not him. They entered the blood soaked ritual area in the dead of night, the once roaring bonfire gone down to a mess of coals. Nearby this the wall of ice stood with no clear way to breach it. William did not speak, he own made his way to the ice with his focus on that only not the bodies around him. Griffon found himself having to step over a few fallen warriors with a sigh. "So this is impenetrable you say?" He asked as when William stopped before it.

Without an answer the stranger lifted his hand and just tapped the ice lightly with on finger. The whole blockage shattered like fragile snow, Griffon taken back with wide eyes and a tight jaw.

"Uhhh... yeah, right." He muttered now doubting the man's word. The Fallen Angel slowly turned his gaze with a slight hard look on the man, he wasn't in the mood. Of course the men found their conversation cut short by the Maidens.

Leafy, as the other Maidens called her, was the first to step out from the ring of ice. Her cheeks were red with anger as she swiftly swung a hand at the man before her. Her hand left a mark on his cheek but the tall figure was not fazed in the slightest. He knew this was royalty before him, the most prized possession of the Shadows.

Behind her the Water Maiden had jumped when the ice fell, next to her the Fire Maiden scowled but just rolled her eyes. Leafy bared her teeth with righteous energy coming from her aura, just like that from Griffon. "You should be ashamed! Leaving us in there scared for our lives. You frightened my sisters, scoundrel!" The Shadows knew well of the forest Maiden's independent attitude, though sometimes it got a little out of hand.

Griffon furrowed his eyebrows and shot a, "Ceshame!" at his daughter, calling her by her true name. Water Maiden, River, gasped at the action and ran up beside Leafy. "No!" She whined and butted Leafy away with her body. "Don't hurt him! He helped us!" Leafy raised an eyebrow before scoffing at the shyest out of the four Maidens. Hardly would River come out and defend someone like this being how bashful she can be.

Leafy simply walked past William to her father for a well needed embrace. She dreaded the bloodshed that had happened but was hiding it in her father's arms. River was distracted reading the look on the stranger's face. She slowly brought up her cool hand and put it on the mark Leafy had left. "Thank you." She spoke softly as if she was trying not to scare a bunny away. "For saving us, you beautiful creature." She had her eyes on his, remembering his wings.

William couldn't help but begin to react like any Shadow would, thanks to the effects of his adaptability. Her hand had the healing touch of water on his face and he could feel every nerve within him beginning to calm almost like sleep. That was when her cheeks blushed a little and she pulled away, twiddling with her hair shyly. "Oh, oh, sorry I-" She left William blinking away the effect. "It's okay." He said regaining himself and rubbing his face tiredly. "You're welcome." Fire Maiden, Ash, stepped out from the ice lifting her dress as she did. She glanced over the remains of the battle and frowned as did River who soon began to shed tears.

River spoke sadly when Ash came up beside her, "So many great warriors... this is so sad."

Griffon sighed before William began to walk past them. "I going to continue healing the others."

"Come on, my Maidens." Griffon said formally as he looked over to where Black Wolf lay. "... follow William to the other Shadows. William!" He called his attention. "Send three Shadows my way, we're going to give our respect to the dead. I'd hate to leave them here like this. Tell Prince we are leaving here once I am done, we'll rest on the road and head to my Realm. I want him and his warriors to come." As he spoke he began to take off his weapons, getting ready for a long night. "Thanks for all this."

"I'll tell him." William replied and gave the Commander a respectful nod before leaving to the other Shadows with the Maidens behind. He had to slow his walking for the Maidens to catch up, heaven forbid they trip on their dresses and fall. A thought crossed his mind though, why in the world did Griffon trust him with the three Maidens? It was only for a moment sure but how in any way is that like the Shadow vows? He didn't care so much now, it was good Griffon was already trusting him.

When they arrived to the clearing the Maidens were quickly taken in by the prime and more seasoned Shadows from Forest Realm. William spoke to the skilled warriors sending a few of them in Griffon's direction in no time. One younger Shadow however, a little younger than Prince, ran over to William before he could get to the wolf. "Sir!" She called for him and stood in his way. The woman was only slightly shorter with short black hair, her spirit was that of a Grey Fox. "I'm sorry, sir, but my friend is bleeding out. His leg is bad and needs attention!"

He didn't hesitate then. "Take me to him." Grey nodded and led his way quickly over to a man resting on the ground, his spirit was that of a Golden Eagle. He had a large spiked battle fan beside him coated in blood from the fight. He was about Prince's age and only showed slight pain but otherwise the training he had keeps him straight faced. His wound was gaping on his right leg with treatment already done to it but they couldn't stop the blood.

Eagle was keeping his breathing even when he eyes caught sight of the man approaching. His body relaxed a little but his mind was completely distracted. William made quick work on the leg, taking off the already soaked bandaged before cleansing the wound with water and readying herbs for the man. Eagle was eyeing his work with an unsure aura. "I saw you in the battle." He stated simply.

William was busy working on his wound to quickly wrap it and stop the heavy bleeding. "I did what I could. Don't move too much, this leg needs rest."

"Your wings are really pretty." The man said quietly but this made William pause a moment. He raised his narrowed eyes, having finished helping him.

"He's going to be light headed for a little while, watch over him.   And... make sure he stays here." William said to Grey before he stood and left the scene. Figures the man had to be gay. Now though he could focus on Prince. Prince was still sitting on the log with Liz beside him, his gaze was down while he kept pressure on his arm for the time being. He could tell the man wasn't in the mood for simple talk, however Liz was giving him good company.

(Disclaimer: We do not own this photo.)