Enter the Mother of the Wolf

Chapter: William

    It seemed like an eternity before I heard a voice calling from afar. It was merely an echo and I couldn't tell what it was saying. I couldn't call out to it, my voice wouldn't work. Then the darkness tilted. I felt the falling sensation and I couldn't let out a scream or a cry for help. Nor would my wings respond to my summons. As soon as it began I stopped in place and the voice was eligible to understand.

"Where...... you...... West?!" The voice cut in and out as if it was being interrupted by someone else, "Can you......... this....... anymore? Be strong............ we will.......... home. Beware........ darkness!"

    Then it all went silent once more. I don't know who it was from but it wasn't from this world. The darkness surrounding was a blanket of silence with no temperature. I didn't feel cold, I didn't feel warm. I felt nothing in this void. Then another sound broke through the silence and it was the sweetest sound I could ever here, Lizzy laughing. Her laugh and giggles could make anyone smile. I can rest easy now that I know she is safe and at least she is happy too. Colors started to appear, the colors of Magika, and I could finally relax in the no longer black void.

Chapter: Liz

"You're going to be eighty! You don't even look like it!" I say completely shocked.

"I don't know if that was a compliment or an insult." he responded with a half smile "How about you and your father. It's only fair you tell us since we told you."

"I'm forty-seven!" I say proudly "And my papa is about twenty years old." I say trying to remember if that was correct.

    They all had a dumbfounded look on their face."Is it that hard to believe my papa is twenty?" tilting my head to the side
"That's not the issue in the slightest." Prince said rubbing his face.

"How on earth are you forty-seven?!" Snake said still shocked "You find us hard to believe and yet you still look like a child!"

"Well Salamanders age differently, just like Angels do. If my papa were to go to Alfheim, the realm of the Angels, he could live for an enternity." I explain with confidence "Also a Salamanders infancy years are by far longer than any humans. A typical infancy is forty years and since I was sent to live the humans I aged like a human for around seven years."

    The looks on their faced seemed to only have worsened as if my explanation only made it worse. I sat there puffing my cheeks saying I was telling the truth. They said they believed me and Prince came over to rub my head. I don't know why but only papa, Prince, and Snake were the only ones able to rub my head. I didn't like anyone else doing it, the only other exception was Kharin back at home. That got me to thinking about the tribute business.

"You said you were the tribute to the... Wind Maiden right?" I ask curiously.

"Yes?" he replies eyeing me.

"Is that basically marriage or something similar along the lines?" I ask seriously.

    At this point Snake could hardly contain his laughter and Prince had a stricken on his face and a woman with ebony black hair, the same as Prince's, came in through the door.

"My, my sure is eventful in here now isn't it?" she said with a glare that matched Prince's dead on.

(Disclaimer: We do not own this photo. She fits too well with Jaguar's looks though! :3)