Stalemate

Chapter: William (West)

    The man before me had a raging spirit within that I have never seen before.  It was as if an animal was taking possession of his body.  His eyes screamed pure fury like that of a Salamander.  He grabbed my arm and it felt as if his strength had grown two fold but there was no pain only a slight pressure due to my cloak.  It was then that I felt the power of a weapon being released and sent directly at me.  I caught it with the wind and held it in place.  I look over my shoulder back into the woods seeing exactly the path the arrow had been sent.  Turning it around with my hand I sent it flying back directly to its owner.

"It didn't make contact. I should've figured that much from these people. They are skilled but they lack in what my power grants me." and say to Liz "Stay put Lizzy I don't know what's going on but I don't trust the surroundings right now."

"Ok papa, we are going to be safe right?" eyeing the man in my hand

    His condition was getting worse. More and more violent, and it was rubbing off on me as well. I felt the demon inside me get excited, and that was the last thing I needed. I didn't know exactly what to do until a short man emerged from the woods and had stern look on his face.

"Put him down, we won't attack. I just want him alive." he said a relatively calm demeanor.

"And if I don't?" I respond bluntly.

"Then you will kill one of my students and then we will both be in some serious shit." he replied calmly.

"What if he attacks?" dodging a kick to the face.

"You have my word that he will not attack you or your daughter." with a slight bow of the head.

"I guess right now I don't have much of a choice but I don't have any reason to believe him either." thinking to myself.

"Papa I think he is telling the truth, I just have a feeling about it." Liz looks up still shaken but still sounded reassuring.

 Liz's hunches are usually correct so I guess I don't have much of a choice at the moment. Besides that this guy is getting really annoying. I let go of him and the first thing he does is run back into the woods.

"Is that guy going to be ok?" I ask kind of speculating my decision.

"Now he will, but I'm not sure about you or the rest of us." massaging his brow he asks "What exactly are you?"

    I look over at him and now it fully sinks in that this is not my world.  From what I can gather these people are trained soldiers and have a set procedure for people who wander from the Path.  I don't like the procedure one little bit but at least they do give them one warning.  If that is the case then I have overstayed my welcome.

"Have your men come out into the open, all six of them if you please, and then we will talk. I must be sure that you are capable of your word." I respond carefully.  I'm not really in a spot to negotiate but it's necessary.

"You have my word that we will not attack but how do I know that you won't attack my men either. The same can be said about you Loner." he responds fully aware of his advantage.

    I let out a sigh that cannot be heard and think about my next move and decide that I should go for a more aggressive approach.

"Ok let's get one thing straight here." walking towards the man before me "For the record if I really wanted too I could bring all of them out right here, right now.  But I am trying to be a nice guy so please don't push my patience.  That set aside you totally attacked my daughter so I think I'm being pretty generous."

    I stood right in front of the man before me and his shortness was more real upfront than what it was earlier.  Even though he is short this man has seen many battles and has a deep voice. His eyes are battle hardened and watching my every move without seemingly watching me at all. "He is just like my old mentor Roxin, only...... shorter."

"I see your point but it would now seem that we are at a stalemate. What do you suggest we do Loner?" making a gesture and crossing his arms

    That's an excellent question, how do we solve this dilemma?  I stood there pondering for a moment then I had an idea.  I hold my hand before me and the white one-handed sword Oathen appeared in my hand once more.

"This sword's name is Oathen. It represents my honor, my will to keep my promise to the end. If you and I place our hands on Oathen's hilt and make our solemn vow not to attack each other here until we learn our situation then we will see if our words mean anything." My voice carrying throughout the entire wood.

"What will your sword do, and how do I know it will not affect you either?" he questions thoroughly.

"I figured as such." I laugh to myself as I dismiss my cloak "Now I am as vulnerable to my own Magik as you are. Now hold it with me and we will make our vow."

    It was his move now and it wasn't an easy one at that.  I was fully prepared to fight off my attackers once more.  I didn't need my cloak and magik to fight these warriors.  Then only ones I were worried about was the man in front of me and the other holding his arms with deep fear coursing through him with anger to boot.  I really hate making poor first impressions of myself but I guess that is just who I am.  Sometimes being a foreigner is just plain annoying.

Chapter: Snake

    My arms weren't shaking anymore, but I was still shaken.  My brother was out there alone against that demon.  I knew which choice was the easiest, which of them would be the best but still I begged Prince not to take that hilt.  He would probably hit the back of my head for acting like this.

    I could tell he was thinking about us.  Every time we step out into the woods with him as our pathfinder, we become his pack.  Even if we annoy or anger him we are ultimately protected by him.  Every one of us here he was deciding wither to put on the line or not.

    But what choice could he make?  This man was more than human, but he could be a threat to the Maidens.  We could try and fight him, lord knows how long we'd last.  But were they watching? 

    He kept his eyes on the tall figure and when that figure came out from the cloak I guess that settled the recruits beside me.  They were negotiating well so far, Prince was getting him to come out from behind his shield.  The decision was still at hand however. 

    A few moments pasted while Prince thought over his next move.  We don't know who this guy is, I thought over, gripping my paralysis dragger, You don't know what his magic could do to you brother, to any of us.

    I saw when the decision was made, Prince put out his hand to take the hilt of Oathen.  My anger rose against the unknown being but it was all about what would happen next to my brother.

    "I proudly stand by my word."  Prince said looking into the eyes of the man before him, putting his trust on his team.  Wanting them to have as much trust he has, he stood strong, wanting them to know he knows what he's doing here.  The wind stirred the leaves around us slightly, making every recruit's nerves rise.  Nothing in Prince's body language changed, he was fierce as ever.  He was not doubting himself here.

(Disclaimer: We do not own this photo)

.