Black Wolf

Chapter: Alpha Wolf

News spread quickly of my son's return from patrolling. It was just about noon too, he was in time for lunch and that I was grateful for. Just like me and his mother he got the job done quickly. When I had news that followed however my attitude changed. They had intruders with them, and brought them here past Mid Realm's hidden bounders. Not to mention on the night of ritual when all the Commanders and most Shadows will gather from across the forest to celebrate. They'll see this vile action and may fall to distrust. My son better have good reason, he always does.

I made way back to homestead, leaving the large field where the bonfire would be set next to a Gerardo. People say by glance Prince gets his fierceness and look from his mother but nothing compares to the glare of a wolf. That's what he has, and that is what I gained upon hearing the news. My people stepped out of my path as I left the area and went into homestead where all of Mid Realm Shadow's lived. I marched over to my home, the biggest and nearly in the middle right at the entrance. There I saw Prince, his troop had returned and was getting ready aside from Snake and Bear who were carrying the new comer.

"What the hell were you thinking Prince?!" I shouted with forceful anger at him.

"Father." Prince looked at me and I saw something I hardly ever see in my son. He was shocked. I know he only showed this to me and it was a mere moment but it made me stop and lower my emotions.

Chapter: Prince

I usually have a soft spot for kids, in fact I wouldn't mind keeping Liz company while William is out but right now I had a more pressing matter on my mind. "Alright," I smirk a little at Liz and kneel down to her height, becoming a bit more serious, "Go with your father, keep him company while Snake takes care of him." She nodded obediently before watching Snake.

Snake did not hesitate, his mind was on someone else entirely right now and he was not thinking about wither or not to trust the Fallen Angel at this point. He ran over to William and called for Bear to assist him. I watched as they lifted him off the ground and started to take him away.

I pondered wither to have them take him to the healing rooms or my personal bed. Considering what he is and how his willingness to trust someone is as narrow as mine it might have been a better alternative. Plus then I would have personal watch over him and be able to have privacy on explaining what happened. Why am I still pondering? "On second thought take him to my bed, I want him safe under my personal roof." Snake's eyes flash at me but he still nodded and with Bear's help tried to take him in with Liz following of course.

Snake and I share a room, though Snakes bed is across from mine and at the fastest corner. Our room was a little clustered, more on Snake's share than mine, but nonetheless cozy and calmer than a healing center full of who knows. Liz would be safer there as well.

Before they were inside however I heard my father's voice shout with fury raging. "What the hell were you thinking Prince?!" I had sharp eyes on Snake as they took William passed the door. When my father spoke however I let myself relax a little. I met eyes with him which made him stop in his tracks before slowly walking my way. He must have seen my distress.

"Father." I say with a hushed voice. "I have bad tidings."

He glanced at my eyes and to the cabin before looking at me again. "What happened, Son?"

I thought over the moment quickly, "I received a message from The Messenger." His eyes went slightly wide from that.

His first question was directed to his people, and pack. "This doesn't concern us does it?"

I wish I could of said yes. "No, I think it does. She said we need the intruder to help us, his name is William and he's not all what he seems."

My father looked at the ground, trying to understand. "What did she say?" His voice was low and grounded.

"That a darkness unseen will befall on the Shadow Realm." I started, "She had felt it coming but she can't assist us. That is why William is here, he was sent by her even though he doesn't remember seeing her. I don't even think he knows her."

My father gave an uncertain face, "Does he remember anything?"

"Of course he does, but he's not from here. He doesn't know how he got into our forest with his daughter."

He nodded and questioned farther, "Darkness unseen?"

I nodded back as well, "She said more, 'Be strong, Shadows, you will face no enemy as merciless as this."

My father took it all in but was quick to ask with some anger, "and why can't she be here? Or Naro?"

"I'm not sure. That's why I'm saying something isn't right." We finished there in silence unsure of what to do next. Nor did we know when whatever was coming, for all we know ritual night may not even happen. I looked to my father for guidance as Alpha Wolf. "What should we do?"

"I guess... for now we wait." He spoke slowly before looking me in the eyes, "Let's not speak of this to much anyone. We won't make any moves until... William, correct?" I nodded, "Until William wakes. Ritual night will continue if nothing happens but after that it'll be time to tell the others. The other four Commanders will be staying here tonight, I'll speak to them about it in the morning. For now, let us let the Shadows enjoy their night." He gave me a half-hearted smile which seemed to immediately dismiss the dismay weighing in the air.

I smiled back as well with a slight bow of the head. "Yes, of course Commander."

He grinned as I walked to the cabin. "I want to see you play well tonight! The Wind Maiden is coming and she's been wanting to see her tribute play the violin for performance."

I smirked at that and only called back over my shoulder, "I'll be sure to play her song well."

When I entered the cabin Snake and Bear were just finishing with William. Liz was on the bed beside him pouting slightly at her exhausted father. Snake and Bear spoke quietly as my brother thanked him before Bear nodded his head to me as he pushed past to leave. Snake was at William's side, placing the rag before he sighed and went to sit on his own bed in silence. He saw me but only looked down twitting his fingers and thinking over what was said.

I walked past him and thanked him with a pat on the shoulder before approaching William. With one glance at his breathing and face I could tell he was just resting but was a bit over exerted. That's Luna for you, just her presence can knock the wind out of people. She has to keep so much under wire and stay silent so well. My gaze traveled to Liz sitting silently in her own world, waiting for her father to speak.

I went past her to go through some things on my shelf. Do not ask me why I still have these toys but, honestly it is because the kids of this tribe can sometimes be attracted to me. I took out a small wooden stick with a hoop at the top, there was a string linking a small ball to the stick. "Hey kid. Ever tried one of these?" I said gently, coming down beside her with the toy offered to her. "You just try to get the ball into the hoop by swinging it." Sounds simple enough, but it's not really. However I wonder how fast a Fallen Angel child will get it. If it's the first try I'm going to have to get the teddy bear... Ironically that used to belong to Snake and he threw it out a while ago but Mother saved it and don't ask me why she put it on my shelf but it's there along with this  toy.

(Photo drawn by me! Copyrights of OC.)