Darkness Unseen

Chapter: Prince

The loss of my mother, and the loss of my Father weighed heavy on me. I did not know where Snake was. I know I saw many of my warrior die, some of them the recruits I trained not just this morning. Darkness unseen, it came faster than we could prepare for and my family paid the price.

I remembered the Messenger, the power withheld in Naro. I remembered everyone she knew, Lex, Sky, Sokai, Sebastian, Kane, even Huntsin.  If something so horrid has fallen upon the land, dark enough to withhold the Universe itself, this means I must give everything. "No this man is our ally." I spoke with strength in my voice, not even looking at William just letting my eyes strike into Griffon like my Father would have. "I need you to listen to me very carefully." Slowly I stand up and speak as I walk over to Griffon, the seasoned, blood soaked Shadows around me taking a step back.

"Earlier today I received a warning from The Messenger." Griffon knew the name but only slightly, everyone else was dumbfounded. "If you don't know who she is than take heed.  She is a Starseed, a being from a planet made before Earth's time.  A planet eight galaxies away, she lives with a master being that is the embodiment of the Universe itself.   She can travel across space and change gravity with her mind, she can touch the surface of the sun.  SHE sent me a message, I who protects her on earth. Understand that she said She cannot help us." I let that sink in a moment.

"She would never forsaken me, not like this." I growl, eyes hard on Griffon but my face began to burn in anguish. "Something bad is happening, Griffon.  Something we are not prepared for and I fear the worse for everyone I know, everything I understand.  She said a darkness would befall on the Shadow realm and look what has happened!!  Do you not see it is starting!" My emotions were getting the best of me so I stopped, closing my eyes and taking a breath.

Griffon stayed quiet, than a bit more uncertain he spoke, "So what does this have to do with him?"

I screamed my next words at him for being such an idiot, "She sent him here to help us.  He's our only chance, Griffon!  Now let him go and prove to me you're not the enemy, so help me God!"

Griffon raised his hand and dismissed the Shadows around William, I suspected slightly because of my overwhelming emotions.  I didn't care anymore, not right now.   My hand felt cold against my face while I rubbed the heart ache away, only the tears didn't come.   My face went a little dull after that but at least I was calming myself down, immediately regretting blowing up like that. "I'm sorry, Prince." Griffon said coming up to me.

"No." I stopped him with a hand up, "I- I'm sorry. I just..." I shook my head and lowered it, finding it hard to express any of this in words.

Griffon turned to William and Liz, his voice a bit softer now. "If you could heal my wounded warriors that would be ever so kind.  I'm guessing you can release the Maidens?  I'm sure the Shadows will want them back." I'm sure he was speaking for himself there after all one of them was his daughter.

I looked around a moment in search for a familiar face and found none, not even Snake.   Everyone was just in disbelief. "Where's my brother...?" I mutter hoping someone would have an answer, I just hope it's not the same answer as my parents.

(Disclaimer: We do not own this photo.)