Fire Warrior Patrol

Griffon came down his tree and leaped at the last second, a broad sword at his side and a strong look in his eyes.  The Shadows of the forest were alerted immediately and stood.  Prince and Gray stood up standing with the tree behind them so they were not in the way.  "Fire Shadows." My Father said watching the approaching forms.   Their leader was the first to pass, one of the sons of Rooster, who also ended up being a Cock.  He rode on a horse as other horseman followed and then their foot soldiers.  The wind Realm was known for their horsemanship but as for the others they had very few riders.

There was not a hundred, in fact it was almost small enough to be two patrols, probably a bit over 20 men.   They flooded into the clearing and were quickly surrounded by the forest Shadows.  Griffon glared hard on the Commander's son and the Rooster gave it right back as he dismounted.  "Where's Cock?" Griffon commanded, displeased by the lower ranking man.

Rooster didn't back down, "He's back at main camp, in case he needs to defend his territory.  He sent me and my men to bring back our Maiden, hand her over."

"How do I know I can trust you?" Griffon said sharply, being immense in presence.

Rooster drew his short blade and pointed it at Griffon's throat, the man didn't even flinch. "How can I trust you? You have my Maiden and I will not back down.   I am a Shadow of my vow, Griffon, who the hell are you?"

Griffon glared hard into the man and then relaxed back, he could trust a fire Shadow to their core.  "They're fine, Shadows. Get the Fire Maiden." He demanded gesturing to his house.   Ash was already stepping out, looking over the balcony at her Shadows with a high and royal look.

The forest Shadows around back off and relaxed as did the fire Shadows.  Rooster spotted Ash quickly, "Come Maiden. Let's leave!" Unlike the other Realms is seems the Fire Realm is hard on everyone, even their Maiden.  She always came back tenfold however, and if she got mad well... the volcano would become active.

"We're staying here." She said calmly.

"Rooster wants you back, at this moment!" He commanded.

"We are staying here." She said calmly again, but with a glare.  Rooster stared at her and just like that his younger side kicked in.

He relaxed himself and turned to the others, "Alright we're staying here."  He waved off his Shadows and they all looked unconvinced.

"What do we do?" One asked.

"I don't know, chill, make friends. Fuck asses, have fun." Rooster said putting away his sword and walking over to where Ash was to guard the tree.  Griffon rolled his eyes and sighed at the young Shadow.

"Prince, how's William? He up yet?" Griffon called to my father.

Prince was already entering into the clearing with that thought in mind, fox following him.  "I'm going to check on him now, I'll inform you." Griffon nodded and went back to his business with the Rooster.  The fire Shadows didn't take long to start dispersing and doing their own thing.  Fighters that burn like fire don't turn down moments to just be lazy for whatever reason.

My father walked through the lighted forest with Fox behind him.  "I really like his house but I would never put in the time," She stated as they approached the door far from the noise of the clearing.

"I wouldn't mind just having a small cabin." My father responded and come to the door, he knocked on the wall which is standard when doors are not normally wood. No one answered, Liz must be napping.   With that response Father went to enter but stopped flat on the door, his hand on the knob.  "Uh...." He looked at the knob confused.  Grabbing the knob he pushed and still couldn't enter. "How the hell-?"

Fox watched curiously and had seen the door be used a few times.  She stepped forward, turned the knob and opened the door.   Prince just stared at it blankly then went back to glaring and stepped in.  "Good job, Commander..." Fox smiled playfully and Prince just growled under his breath.

He went through the house to the bedroom William would be in.  Seeing William black out once more this time washed him with concern.  He has fallen one too many times.  He told him to rest and here he is bedridden.  At least for as long as he's known, it was almost noon in fact.  If William was awake he had half a mind to scold him, just like he did Luna every time she stressed herself with power.  It's scary when he can't do anything, especially when they are pack.

(Disclaimer: We do not own the photo.)