Chapter Twelve

Harry's POV:

I looked down at Carter. I had her pressed up against the nearest wall; her small wrists were in my tightening grasp. She was terrified and I was the reason why. Every ounce of me was pissed. She had put me in my own place; she was using accusations my own friends have made against me. She had no idea what I've been through. And now that I think of it, I don't know what she's been through as well. Carter was hiding something. I could tell just by looking into her beautiful blue eyes. Behind those eyes showed fear and pain. She was hiding a haunting past and even though I wanted to know what exactly she was hiding, I couldn't pressure her in telling me. Hell, how was I supposed to get her to tell me when I had her pushed up against a wall? When I saw her struggling, I was about to let go but she broke away from my grasp. Carter put her hands on my chest and pushed me back. My blood went cold when I saw the impressions my long fingers made on her small wrists.

"Well you should stop giving me a reason to think that way." I heard her say. Her voice trembled slightly and I could hear her gasp. She probably noticed the marks I left on her. Shit. I turned away from her and took a deep breath. My breathing slowed and my face was cooling down. I pulled at my hair when I remembered what I had done to her. I wanted to tell her I was sorry. I wanted her to yell at me and cuss me out but I couldn't. All I could do was tell her where the library was. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I couldn't face her. If I did, I wouldn't be able to un-see the hurt expression on her face. I ran my fingers through my hair and walked towards the two glass doors that lead to the pavilion.

I quickly turned to her and saw how mad she was. She wasn't hurt. She was pissed off. Her ears were red and her face showed pure anger. Even her hands were clenched in tight fists. Her light blue eyes darkened and her jaw was clasped together. I felt my face grow hot. Why was she mad? She shouldn't be mad! I was the only one that should be angry! She almost called me a manwhore! I should be the only one showing anger. Not her. I took a deep breath and made eye contact with her eyes. I felt a smirk spread across my face.

"Oh and by the way thanks for not ratting me out to Ms. Remington, Carter." My face grew hot when she wrapped her arms around her body. Her fists clenched tightly and I saw the vein in her neck throb. Oh shit. She was pissed off.

"Yeah well it better not happen again Harry. I don't want my partner screwing around." Her face regained her normal pale color and her arms moved to the side of her hips. I grinned at her and crossed my arms.

"Ah so we're a package now." When I saw her bite her lip, I knew I had said something wrong. Her cheeks turned a bright red again and I swear I saw her starting to raise a finger at me. She moved forward and glared at me.

"Like hell we are." My mouth fell open, but she didn't notice. She quickly turned around and made her way towards the library. Her hips swung back and forth and her hair spilled over her backpack. I knew she knew I was looking. I could tell she was because she added an extra jump to her step. I took a step back and ran my fingers through my hair, tightly tugging at my curly locks.

What the hell did that mean? Like hell we are? Um, she can't switch partners. Can she? I bit down on my lip and cursed at myself. I blew it. She was going to switch partners. She doesn't want to be near me. I let out a frustrated groan and clenched my fists. I searched for the nearest wall and without thinking, my fist met smooth cement. A sharp shooting pain ran up my arm towards my spine. White spots blocked my vision and my body went ice cold. My eyes began to water when I noticed I was biting down on my lip too hard. Every word running through my mind was vulgar. I grabbed my fist with my left hand and looked down at the damage. I could see blood starting to ooze out of the open wound on my middle knuckle.