Chapter One

*6 Hours Ago*

Everybody at Portland High School was talking about Mason's End of the Year Party.  His parents let him use some of the cabins they owned since he 'aced' his SATs.  I kept hearing from Trevor that there was going to alcohol and no parental supervision and that was all that mattered to him. I, on the other hand, wanted to spend my night watching movies with my mother and sister before my older brother, Jake came in from NYU.  Girls night out seemed like a better option than going to Trevor's best friends party but because I was Trevor's girlfriend, I had to show up. 

"Carter are you excited for Mason' party? You're getting to spend time with some of the hottest guys in school! I find that unfair." Emma asked me.

I let out a heavy sigh and looked at my best friend. "First of all Emma, I'm don't care, I have a boyfriend and second of all I really don't want to go! The last time I went to one of these parties, Trevor got so drunk that he fell asleep on the couch and I had to ask my mom to pick me up! I think I would rather skip it. Can you help me come up with an ex-"

"Shh! Trevor's coming." I shut my eyes as I felt his arms wrap around my body.

"Hey Ems. Listen Carter I was wondering if we could just head off right now to the cabin. Mason wants me to help him set up some dumbass stuff and I really need to get there early." Trevor nuzzled his face in my neck.

"But Emma wants me to help her with some stuff before she leaves to Cancun-" I objected.

"No it's okay Carter! You go have fun with Trevor, I don't want you to regret not going to Mason's party!"

I gave her a cold glare as I felt my hand being pulled towards the direction of Trevor's black Mercedes. "Thanks Em! I owe you one!" I put one finger in the air when Trevor wasn't looking, and instead of apologizing, all Em gave me in return was a smile.

"Summer 2012 baby! Time to have some kickass fun!" Trevor whooped as he sped off from P.H.S. Even then, everything felt wrong.

-

"So Carter, what are our plans for this summer? Skinny dipping in the Atlantic? Running naked around the football field? This summer is going to be so badass!" I rolled my eyes and playfully hit his shoulder.

 "Trevor you know I'm not that kind of person and I have summer school! I don't think I'll have time to 'skinny dip in the Atlantic.'"

 His caramel colored eyes met my blue ones, "Carter, you are going to summer school to get ahead! That is useless when you already have a 4.0 GPA.  You are bound to get a full ride to whatever university you are going to apply to. Let's just have fun! Come on babe, senior year is next year and we need to get some R&R before college applications and scholarships screw it up! We gotta live while we're young! Let's take our youth to the backseat!" He gave me a wink and pulled off to the side of the road already unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Trevor! What the hell are you doing!?" I shrieked as he began to kiss the side of my jaw.

"Come on Car! Let's have fun! We've been together for three months now and I've waited long enough..."

"Long enough to what? Screw me?! Trevor, we haven't even said 'I love you' yet! Why would I have sex with you, when it won't mean a thing?!"

 "Fine, I love you Carter! I've loved you since the very first time I laid eyes on you in AP Physics. You are so effin sexy! Now can we have some fun?" He shook his dirty blonde hair and came closer to me.

"No..."

Trevor gave me a look of anger and frustration. I've never seen him look at me like that before; his caramel eyes gave me chills.  Knowing this idea of having sex would never escape him, I sighed and looked at him right in the eyes, trying hard not to break eye contact, "I have a better idea, how about we do it tonight in one of the cabins? That way we have more room. It would be better there than your backseat."