Chapter Ten

Carter’s POV:

“Okay the uniforms are not as horrid as I thought they would be.” I said while fixing my hair. I decided to straighten my natural wavy locks making my hair smooth and longer than I expected. I looked at my blue eyes in the reflection and saw how gray they looked with just a small amount of eyeliner on my water line and mascara on my top eyelashes. Since my tan was starting to fade due to the lack of sunlight in the UK, I could already see the small amount of freckles on the bridge of my nose starting to reappear. My cheeks were a soft pink since Leslie demanded me to put on some of her blush and my lips were a natural light reddish color. I looked at my outfit in the mirror and was shocked to see that it actually looked good on me. My white short sleeved collared shirt was tucked in with my maroon sweater vest and a black tie was under the collar of my shirt. I looked down at my legs and saw my black pleated skirt fall a couple of inches above my knees. My black knee high socks were snuggled on my feet keeping me warm from any chilly classes and my black matte oxfords looked different from my usual white converse I would wear to my former school. I turned around and looked at the black blazer that was on my bed. It looked just like Harry’s except a gold crest with a red hawk behind a gold italic B replaced the H on the left breast. I grabbed it and shrugged it on. Taking one last look in the mirror, I could finally say I was boarding school material.

“Last year’s uniforms sucked.” Natalie stepped out in the same attire. Her black hair was in a bun with a maroon lace headband holding all her baby hairs down. 

“You look amazing Natalie.” I said while grabbing my black Jansport backpack. She smiled at me and put on her black ballet flats on over her black knee high socks.

“Lies!” She grabbed her brown leather backpack from the floor and slung it over her shoulder. “At least we have class together guys!” She pulled Leslie by the collar and pulled me by my backpack and forced us into a group hug.

“Speak for yourself. I only have two classes with you guys…” Leslie put her light brown hair into a high pony tail and put on her black blazer. I felt bad for Leslie. She knew Natalie more than I did and she didn’t have the chance to spend enough time with her on our final year.

“Now let us go face our last year of hell together guys.” Natalie got in between Leslie and me and hooked her arms to ours. This was definitely going to be a year I will never forget.

-

Natalie, Leslie and I walked into Mr. Hastings room a couple of seconds before the first bell rang. We were the only ones in his class. I sat down in the first seat right next to the door and pulled out my notebook for this specific class.

“Great idea Carter, sit right in front of his desk. I heard Mr. Hastings is quite the stunner.” Leslie sat right next to me and pulled out her binder from her backpack.

“Already the first day back to school and you’re already eyeing the teacher Leslie Harris?” Leslie, Natalie and I quickly looked up when we heard a deep voice. It was Noah, Liam and Zayn. They looked like they stepped out of a Ralph Lauren ad. Their uniforms were all the same except Noah was the only one not wearing his blazer. Even though Noah’s black ear length hair was disheveled, he still looked incredibly good. His eyes looked dark gray and his lips were in a mischievous smirk. His uniform made him look older than what he really was. A white pressed button down was tucked into straight-legged khaki pants and his maroon tie was undone and loosely hung around his neck making him look troublesome. The black blazer that all students were supposed to wear on the first day of school was placed over his lean shoulder and his black over worn converse made him look boyish and scruffy.

“Shit Noah! You scared me!” Leslie said while putting her hand over her chest. “I thought you were Mr. Hastings!”

“Well, I am quite the stunner.” He winked at me and sat down right behind my desk. I turned around and smiled at him.