Chapter Nine

Carter’s POV:

 “Carter if we get invited to another one of those kickass parties, please remind me to never drink an alcoholic beverage ever again. If you see me drinking, I give you full permission to slap me in the face. I feel like shit right now…” Natalie grabbed the key from her back pocket of her high waisted shorts and unlocked our door. Leslie was hanging on to my right shoulder, half asleep and swaying back and forth.

“Same goes with me.” I held on to Leslie and put on her bed. She murmured soft words, but within seconds she passed out yet again.

“You drank? How did I miss that?” Natalie screeched quietly. She grabbed a bottled water and gulped down two aspirins, already preparing for the morning hangover. I looked at her while I untied my converse and pushed them under my bed.

“It was only one drink, but it was really strong.” I said while rubbing my eyes to make sure we were really back in our dorm room.

“What do you mean by that?” She took another sip and put the bottle of water back in the mini refrigerator.

I glanced at Natalie and she was giving me a suspicious look, “I just saw stuff that wasn’t really there and you know the occasional room spinning and brighter lights didn’t help me stay sane.” Did I forget to mention my swindled hallucination of Harry Styles? I thought to myself. She cocked her eyebrow and slowly nodded, not fully believing me.

I thought back to the moment I was dancing with Noah. Everything felt perfect. I felt at ease and protected in his arms, but when I turned around and faced Noah, Harry stared back at me. His dark green eyes eyed me like I was his next target and his malicious smirk made me feel weak and vulnerable. I couldn’t control my own thoughts or visualization. He was the one in control and I hated that feeling of being defenseless when I was near him.

“Well okay then. Now if you’ll excuse me, I am going to get my somewhat beauty sleep. Well, whatever’s left of it.” Natalie shook off her flip flops and climbed to the top bunk, still fully dressed in what she was wearing to the party.

 “I’m going take a shower.” I said, waiting for Natalie to reply. She mumbled the word okay and turned her head. I grabbed my pajamas and underclothing from the dresser cabinet in the closet and my shower essentials from underneath my bed. By the time I made it to the bathroom door that was right beside our closet entrance, I heard soft snores coming from across the room. They were both peacefully asleep.

I stepped onto the cool gray tile in the bathroom that Natalie, Leslie and I were sharing with two other girls that dormed right beside us. A cherry wood cabinet with charcoal gray granite held a glass sink bowl and a wide mirror hung right in front of me.  My vision was slightly blurry but I could see that something was different about my attire. I blinked a couple of times to make sure that what I was wearing was actually there.  Harry’s black blazer was loosely held on to my upper body. I looked down and saw a golden crest on the left breast pocket. I shrugged it off and noticed the crest had an H embedded with black thread. A thought crossed my mind. I reached inside the pocket of his blazer and felt a crumbled up piece of paper. A number was scribbled on one side, a note on the other.

Call me when you want to have fun, xoxo Teagan.

Anger pulsed through my veins as I felt my body temperature go hot. I should’ve known. I looked at the crumbled up piece of paper in my left hand and Harry’s blazer in the other. I could still smell him. His scent wasn’t just on the blazer. It was on me. I quickly threw the paper away in the trash can near the toilet and opened the bathroom door to our dorm and stuffed the blazer in an empty storage bin near the TV. Stepping back, I heard movement coming from the top bunk. Natalie stirred a lot in her sleep, while Leslie’s arm hung from the side of the bed in fetal position. I silently laughed to myself and went back into the bathroom.