Chapter 19: Silent Screams

"So who's this? The other boyfriend?" Jayce asked sarcastically. I stood there, eyes widened, my whole body shaking. I didn't want to believe it. I kept thinking that if I blinked enough, he would go away and he would be gone. Harry looked at me, then back at Jayce with a scowl. He got up from where we sat and took a step closer toward him. Harry was about two inches taller than him, but Jayce didn't look like he was phased by Harry's stare at all.

"Where's my friend? Where is Niall?" Harry asked sternly. I stood on shaky legs, worried about what was going to happen.

"Sorry, I don't know about that. Gabe may know though." Jayce said in a taunting tone. I saw Harry's jaw lock up as Jayce looked past him and right at me. His crystal blue eyes felt like someone shanking me in the stomach. All together I felt like I was going to throw up. "Hey Evie, I thought I told you not to screw this up this time?" He asked.

"Jayce...I-I-" I tried to say through tears, but Harry's voice stopped me.

"You aren't going to talk to her like that anymore. We won't allow it."

"We?" Jayce mocked

"My friends, her boyfriend, her new friends, we aren't going to let you hurt her anymore. You're sick, you know that? Beating up on her doesn't make you any more of a man and I don't know what it will take to get that through your head, but I know one thing for sure, you'll never get a chance to hurt her like you did before ever again." Harry told him, taking me by the arm and pulling me behind him. My heart stopped as I saw the seriousness in Harry's eyes. "Now, where, is, Niall?"

"I already told you, I don't know where he is." Jayce snickered.

"Bull shit!" I spoke up, and then he looked back at me, causing me to begin to shake again.

"Well, isn't someone being brave again. Don't tell me I have to teach you who the hell you're talking to again." Jayce says, but Harry pushed him out of the way before he could come closer.

"Not another step Jayce. You don't touch her." He tells him, then  leans back to me. "Run back to the hotel or somewhere, okay? You need to get away from this guy/" He whispers to me, then I nod and begin to run in the other direction. I don't look back, but I hear Harry yelling at him, telling Jayce that he wasn't going to hurt me again. Tears rushed down my face as I ran faster and faster through central park. I didn't even know where I was going, I just knew that I had to get far away from where Jayce was.

It wasn't too long before I was completely lost. I had no idea where I was. All I knew for sure is that I didn't want to be in this dark dirty place. The streets were damp with rain, and trash bags full of garbage covered the side walks. My body was still shaking from before, and all I wanted now was to find Niall and go back to the fantasy I was living. This wasn't real. This was too scary to ever be real. All of it was something out of a horror movie. Yet, this was it. This was my past coming back to get me. My demons from before pulling me right back into the hell I was in before. As I was walking down the  street, I heard fast footsteps behind me, and then someone's strong arms wrap around me, a hand covering my mouth. This person was unfamiliar, and they gave off a terrifying vibe.

"Remember me Evie?" I heard a thick Latino accent say behind me, and I knew exactly who it was. Gabe. Shit. No, no, no, please...please I-I got away from Jayce, and I was okay being away from him, please let me go!" I screamed in my head, but I was silent on the outside. I struggled to get away from him, but his grip on me was far too strong. "Hey, hey, hey, where do you think you're going? Jayce wants to see you, and he has someone that you may want to see too." He says from behind, and I knew exactly who he was talking about. Niall. He was going to take me to Niall. Gabe's hand was then removed from my mouth, nut his forearm was still pressed against my neck, nearly choking me.

"N-Niall...where is he?" I said, gasping for air.

"With Jayce, and if you come with me then you can see him. Don't you want to see Neil?" He asked.

"His name is Niall you idiot!" I yelled., but his grip on my neck only got tighter, causing me to choke a bit on my words.

"I suggest that if you want to keep breathing, then you shut your damn mouth Evie." He scolds. I nodded as he then loosened his grip just enough so I could barely breath regularly again. 

"P-please...just, just let me see Niall, please." I begged. I heard Gabe scoff behind me, his breath cool on the back of my neck.

"Then let's get moving." He says, then moving me forward towards the end of the ally towards a black ford explorer car. I took a deep breath as tears rolled down my cheeks furiously. I was scared for my life. I wanted to yell for help, hoping that someone would come to my rescue, but I knew that eventually I would get to see Niall. So instead, I kept my screams silent, just like I did back in the old days, when I thought that Jayce was completely innocent. I'm on my way Niall.