Chapter 2: Train Conversation

"I'm Niall by the way." He said holding out his hand, and when I looked to him, there was a better view of him. I saw all of his face, the snap back was off, and so was the hoodie. It took two seconds, then I realized just who I was sitting next to. Niall Horan, age twenty-one, in the band famously known as One Direction. He flashed me a weak smile, and I smiled sweetly back. I wasn't going to loose my cool for three reasons really, one, I was exhausted and I didn't have the energy (or want) to fangirl. Two I was eighteen, and I had to act that way, and three, I had just left my friends and family, so he was the only one I had with me right now. Basically, I needed him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Evie, Evie Nelson." I replied. There was something about his weak smile that told me I knew it was him. That he was no longer just a strange Irish man on a train at three in the morning. "Niall...you look...familiar." I said, and his smile dissolved.

"I know, I am Niall of One Direction, please don't scream though! I can't be noticed! I'm not supposed to be here right now." He explained. I laughed a little and kept smiling at him.

"Don't worry about it. I am a fan, but my crazy fan girl days ended way back when I was in the tenth grade, so you're safe." I giggled, and his smile returned.

"Good, because I have to get back to New York City before the other guys wake up. That is, if they even went to sleep at all." He sighed.

"They don't sleep?" I asked.

"Well, Zayn does of course, because when he sleeps it's like he's in a fucking coma. Louis on the other hand will stay up until daylight and keep everyone else awake." He laughed. I laughed along with him, but in my head, all of the Niall facts flowed back into my brain. Niall James Horan, Born September 13th, 1993, from Mullinger Ireland. He's afraid of pigeons and small spaces. He loves food, playing guitar, and drinking...wow, I can't believe I remember all that...especially the pigeons thing!

"Wow, and you guys are performing tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden, right?" I asked.

"Yep, second time" He responded with a nod and a huge smile. I remembered from his X Factor audition that this was one of his dreams. He always wanted to perform for big crowds like that, and so did I.

"That must be amazing." I sighed.

"You said you wanted to get into the music business, right?" He asked me. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I want to make my own music. I have been writing lyrics for songs for a while now, and sure, some are better than others, but some of them are really great in my opinion. It has been my dream since I was little to perform in front of a huge stadium of people. I have never been scared of big crowds, so stage fright was never really an issue. Either way, it's my dream, and I will so anything to make it a reality. Hence, why I...left home." I explained. His smile was now showing teeth it was so wide.

"You know, you sound just like I did when I tried you for X Factor. There's this...ambition I see, and I can also see you going really far with singing." He says to me. I sound like him? Do I really? And ambition, that word was the word my mother used all the time. I would be on stage with a solo in choir or something, and afterwards, I would hear my mother telling people about how much ambition I had for singing. She knew it's what I wanted to do, and she respected that. My mother never had a doubt in her mind that I would go places with my voice.

"Really? T-thanks." I said with a slight giggle.

"You know, I would love to hear you sing someday." He said giving me a warm inviting look. I stared into his eyes, keeping the smile plastered to my face.

"Trust me, you will. I know I'll get somewhere." I sighed. He let out a little laugh, and for once, there was silence between us. With one sudden movement, Niall stood up from his seat and saw that between the stops, many people had exited our car, leaving only us. Climbing over me awkwardly, (and apologizing for it) he reached into the over head compartment of the train and pulled out a guitar case, coming very close to hitting my right in the head. He apologized again, then took out the guitar. He strummed a few chords then looked up at me with a bright smile.