Chapter 15: Enchanted Evening

After a day of shopping with the girls, it was already time to get ready for the stupid benefit dinner I was forced to. Although the girls were so nice to me, they still found it weird that I had no idea how to pay for things with a debit card. They also got a few laughs out of the way my eyes would practically pop out of my head every time I looked at a price tag on a dress or something. Still, they were the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They didn't even know why I was so on edge while we were walking on the streets from store to store, but it was as if they knew. If I ever looked behind, one of them would smile at me and tell me not to worry. I would just smile back, nod, and continue to walk with them.  Little did they know that I had someone who was following me around like he was my shadow, even if he wasn't physically there.

Eventually, I went with a knee length, red party dress from a department store I had no chance of remembering the name of. It was like one of those stores that you swore only existed in movies. The dress was strapless, which I was hesitant of at first. The idea of a strapless dress scared me. What if it slipped or something? This would be my first real time in the spotlight, and I knew that the focus would be on Niall and I, who were now the media's target for pictures and interviews. We were the newest couple to come out, which meant we were now their idea of a perfect headline. So strapless may not have been the best choice. Or, that's what I thought when Perrie and Eleanor told me to try it on. Yet, when I came out of the dressing room, and looked in the mirrors, my doubt was wiped away almost instantaneously. The way the ruffled layers of the skirt flowed down my knees, and the way it hugged my hourglass figure made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. Everything about it was just breathtaking. Even the girls were speechless when they saw me.

As we were getting ready in my room, Perrie was braiding Eleanor's hair, and Danielle was helping me out with makeup. Danielle was wearing a skin tight olive green dress, that went a little bit above the knee. She was brushing eye shadow on my eye lids, and my nose scrunched up at the feeling of the brush tickling my eye. Danielle laughed a bit then told me to hold still. I never wore much makeup, so this was all new to me. Once she was done, I looked in the mirror, and smiled lightly. This was all unbelievable. I almost didn't recognize myself when I first looked. There wasn't ever a time where I looked more beautiful than I did right now. I turned and smiled at Danielle, thanking her for the help.

"Of course." She said with a smile, then giving me a hug.

"Ooh! And we have a present for you!" Perrie exclaimed, then rushing over to her handbag. She was wearing a navy blue dress with sleeves. Eleanor laughed a bit, then walked over towards her. She was wearing a light pink dress that flowed perfectly, and fit her figure like it was made to fit her and only her. The two of them eventually found what they were looking for, and walked up to me.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Well, really, it was Niall's idea. He told us to pick it up, but we all pitched in some money, and decided to get it for your first night. Kind of like a little gift to just welcome you into our little club." Eleanor told me with a smile. Perrie handed me a small velvet box with a sweet smile. Hesitantly, I took the box from her, and opened it up. In it was a small, thin chained, gold necklace, with a small shamrock charm, that was studded in emerald. My eyes grew wide as I stared down at eh piece of jewelry. I looked back up at them and smiled.

"Thank you guys so much, for everything really." I said, still astonished that they would be so kind. I quickly turned around and placed the necklace around my neck and clasped it on, allowing it to then fall onto my chest. It was perfect with my dress. It was perfect in general. This moment was perfect. Nothing had ever felt so right in my life. The best part of it all is that it felt like it would never end. Something about it was everlasting, and just that thought caused my smile to grow wider.