Chapter 16: Learning To Dance In The Rain

Walking outside, there were a few reporters still hanging around, begging for an interview with us. Some of the questions that were being asked made me turn away in disgust. Where did you two meet?! Evie, are you using him for the fame?! Have you two had sex yet?! I just took a deep breath and kept walking towards the limosene, ignoring the obsecne comments being thrown in our direction. Then before Niall and I could follow Perrie and Zayn into the car, he pulled away, and started yelling things towards one reporter. I knew his exact comment, and that was why Liam was trying his best to hold Niall back. Evie, why are you being such a bitch to the media?!

"You want to say that again mother fucker?!" Niall shouted, struggling to get away. "Get over here and I'll show you who the bitch is!"

"Niall! Calm down, please!" Liam yelled at him, but he wouldn't give up. Louis and Zayn eventually came up from behind and pulled Niall back to me. I stared at the scene for a while, and then I looked at the reporter. He wasn't scared, but he was taking pictures of Niall. I quickly rushed infront of Niall and held his hands that were still clenched into fists.

"Hey, Niall, please, calm down, okay? It's not worth it." I said in a more hushed tone, looking him right in the eyes. "I know you're only trying to protect me, but I can handle this." I told him. Niall took one glance down at me then back up at the reporter. With in the blink of an eye, Niall was storming off into the limo. I stood there in awe, wondering what caused him to act so rationally. The remaining reporters shouted questions at me, but I didn't turn around to bat an eye at them. I was so lost. I never thought that Niall could be so angry at someone. There was something about him that scared me, but it wasn't like when Jayce would be angry. When he was angry, he directed every negative emotion right at me. Niall wasn't doing that. He was just...angry.

Liam eventually guided me back to the limo and I sat next to Niall, who still wasn't talking, obviously still pissed off at that one reporter. I figured that at this point, it would be better if I said nothing. Perrie, Eleanor, and Danielle were all conversing with one another with news and names that were unfamiliar to me. The other boys were talking to each other too, except Louis. He stared at Niall and I. For what reason, I didn't know. Maybe he was hoping that the two of us would talk or something, but there was no way I could. Maybe it was because if what Jayce did to me while we dated. That could've been the reason I was scared to speak up and say anything. I was making it look like I didn't care, but the truth was I did. I wanted to know why he yelled at that reporter the way he did, and why that one phrase made him go mad. I wanted to know why he thought violence would make things okay. More importantly, I wanted to know why he wasn't even trying to make things better now.

Once we were back at the hotel, Louis, Liam, and Zayn said goodbye to the girls, and I thanked the three of them again for helping me out with tonight. When I they left, Niall grabbed my hand and walked with me upstairs. Hs tight grip gave me flashbacks of the times when Jayce would grab me like this, then throw me to the ground. I was scared, no, I was terrified right now. Niall's behavior tonight reminded me of some of Jayce's worst moments. The silence, the lack of eye contact, and when he grabbed my hand the way he did, I felt that chill go down my spine. I was actually scared of Niall right now. I never thought something like this would ever happen. Niall was so sweet and kind. He invited me into his life like it was nothing, and then he made me feel like I was more than someone's play toy. Now, all of those feelings were long gone.

"Evie...I'm sorry, okay? I just...I don't want anyone to say anything bad about you." He mumbled under his breath as we stood in front of my door.

"That's what that was about? Niall, not everyone is going to like me." I said with a sigh.

"They don't have to like you, but I don't want you being harassed in public. I know what it's like, and I don't want you going back to the past." he told me, and my eyes went wide. There were so many things that he could've been talking about. My history of self harm, or my history with Jayce, falling back and relying on someone who helped destroy me. I felt Niall's thumb run up my hand to my wrist, gently rubbing my old scars. Part of me wanted to let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Niall didn't know that Jayce still haunted me, but the other half was still panicking at the fact that he knew about my scars. I knew I briefly told him that I delt with that a bit, but I didn't even know that the scars were visible.

"N-Niall..."

"I never want you to have to turn to this again. You don't need to. You have me, and I will be enough to keep you away from that. I don't care what I have to do Evie. I never want you to turn to hurting yourself again." Niall explained, ending it with a kiss before I could even respond. At first, I was in a bit of shock, but it wasn't long before I melted in Niall's loving embrace. Behind me, I searched for the door handle and then pushed the door open. He pulled away, his eye brows raised in shock. I smirked then pulled him into the room with me, shutting the door behind us. Niall then gently took my hand and walked with me over to the bed. Before we even got there, he wrapped his arms around my waist, and his body was closer to mine than it ever was before. I looked up at him and smiled.

"You know when you said you loved me?" I asked, remembering that I never actually responded to him.

"Yeah?"

"I...I love you too." I blurted out, and a smile spread across his face. Slowly we both leaned in for a kiss, but I soon felt myself falling onto Niall. The two of us fell on the bed in a fit of laughter.

"Well, there goes that smooth moment." Niall chuckled. I laughed a bit more then smiled down at Niall. He then cleared his throat as his cheeks turned bright red. "M-maybe I should go and let you sleep. You're probably tired, and you probably want to-" he started to say, but I cut him off with a kiss, obviously telling him I wanted him here with me.

"No...please, stay here tonight." I said in a small voice, barely audible. Niall stared at me for a while, then slowly smiled at me. I felt his handed slip around and unzip my dress gently. Before we knew it, the two of us were undressed in bed, lying next to each other in each others arms. Our breathing was perfectly lined up, and evereything was the way it should be. Niall and I together with no interruptions. There was silence between the two of us, the only light in the room being the lamp on my night stand. Slowly, I felt Niall's hand take light grasp of my wrist and bring it close to his lips. He was so careful, do precise, being sure to kiss every scar on my wrist. Once he pulled away, he moved closer and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you Evie, and I never want anyone or anything to make you feel this way again." He whispered to me, then closing his eyes.

"I love you too Niall, but please promise me you will never get violent like you did tonight. That...that scared me." I begged him, and he opened his eyes, looking down at me. His breath was light on my face, and at first he was confused, then a little worried.

"Of course Evie. I never want you to be scared. Why on earth were you scared? I never really thought of myself as scary." Niall sighed. What do I tell him? You reminded me of my abusive ex boyfriend? I couldn't. He would be so worried, and seeing how Niall acted tonight, he would go out and find Jayce. Knowing Jayce, he would beat Niall to the point where he probably wouldn't be able to move for three days without being in some kind of physical pain. There was no way he could ever know. Niall could never know about Jayce.

"I-I've never liked it when people would yell. Watching my parents yell at each other would always scare me." I told him, and Niall nodded, not knowing that I was thinking of Jayce, who was somewhere in New York City, plotting his revenge.

(A/N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS INSANELY SHORT. I SWEAR I WILL PPOST A LONGER CHAPTER IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. I'm at my grandparents all summer and I need to type everything on my iPad. Not to mention...I am slowly running out of ideas...ANYWAY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND I REALLY HOPE I CAN COME UP WITH SOME IDEAS!!!!!!)