Chapter 18: Discovery

An hour passed. I was on my bed, sitting straight up, waiting. What was I waiting for? I didn't even know at this point. I was just...waiting. I was maybe waiting for some news on Niall, and where he was. I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Niall was out to find Jayce, which couldn't have ended well if he succeeded. Jayce would stop at nothing to hurt Niall if he had the chance, and now he did. He had the chance because I was stupid and I let Niall go out. This could've been stopped. I couldn've stopped this all from happening if I had just focused on my beautiful morning with Niall. He was so peaceful when he slept, and I loved it. The way he pulled the covers up so you couldn't see his lips, and the way his eyes just popped open when he woke up. Now there was a possibility that it could all be over. If Niall found out that I had been keeping Jayce a secret from him then he would be furious, and probably ask me to leave. Then the fairy tale would be over. I would still have my possible record deal, but I would loose someone who came to mean so much to me.

There was then a knock at the door and at first, I was confused. I didn't know whether or not I should open it or just stay where I was. Slowly, I walked over to the door, my breathing becoming heavy and shakey. I grasped the door knob and opened it, seeing Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn there, all dressed like they were about to go out. I shared glances with all of them, but my eyes met Louis and he gave me a small smile. 

"C'mon, we're going to find our little Irishmen." He told me, but for a while, I stared in silence. "I explained all I could to them, but since you prefer to keep a remarkable amount of secrets, a lot is still unclear. Still, we have no time to loose. We have to find him before something bad happens. Knowing Niall, he will act before he thinks things through." Louis said with an eye roll. I looked back at the other boys and they nodded.

"Get ready, because we need to hurry." Said Zayn.

"A-alright...thank you guys..." I whispered, and they all lightly nodded. I shut the door behind me then pulled out some skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a light blue quarter sleeve cardigan sweater. After getting dressed, I grabbed the pair of combat boots that Perrie lent me and dashed out the door. Once the boys saw me, I froze, unsure of what to say. Liam smiled widely at me then walked over and gave me a hug.

"Don't worry Evie, we'll find him." He told me, and I wrapped my arms around him. If only he knew just how much of this was my fault.

Once we were out and away from all the fans, we broke it down, and began to develop a game plan to find Niall.

"Okay, well, like I said, Evie likes to keep secrets, so she knows more than we do." Louis sighed, looking right at me. The other boys did the same, and I gave them all a blank stare. How would I know what to do? I barely knew where Jayce was staying much less where he was right now.

"Uh, well, I mean, I know Jayce would be near central park today, and that may be where Niall is now since he's looking for him." I told them.

"Wait, why do you know that he would be there?" Zayn asked.

"Just...because I know."

"That doesn't sound the least bit believable." Trust me I know.

"Fine! Jayce told me to meet him there because I used to know him." I snapped back.

"Well maybe if you didn't keep so many damn secrets and started telling us things then maybe we could've stopped this!"

"What is your problem Malik?!"

"You're my problem! Everything about you is shady, and I don't trust you at all! How do we know if you are telling the truth about where this Jayce guy is?!" He yelled, but Louis stepped in front of him with a scowl on his face.