Diner Girl Chapter 25

*Belle’s POV*

Jace’s family just called and said that they were almost here. They had about ten minuets. I am so nervous. Jace told me that they acted like snobs. So that means they wont like me A) because im not rich, B) because I’m not pretty enough and C) they will probably think that I’m not good enough for him.

I had a short amount of time to get clothes so I grabbed a jean skirt and a black halter top and my Reef flipflops. I hope this looks ok. After I got dressed dressed , we went back to his house

We all sit in the living room watching an Alabama football game. We hear car doors close and Jace squeezes my hand and mouths ‘sorry about this’. I smile weakly at him and we all stand up as Johanna lets everyone in.

Jace’s POV

My mom lets everyone in and they all hug her, my dad, Logan and myself. When they see Belle, they all freeze.

I look towards her. I think she looks beautiful. When I look at my family I see a couple of sneers on their faces. Oh boy, this isn’t good.

“Who is this,” my grandmother asks.

“This is my girlfriend Annabelle,” I say introducing her to the rest of the family. I see my cousin Cooper, who is a few months older than me, smile. I glared at him which made his smile widen.

“So, Hannah--” my grandmother starts.

“Its Anna,” Belle corrects.

My grandmothers eyes narrow at the correction, “Yes, sorry, Anna” she says, “How old are you? What school do you go to? Do you have a job? Do you plan to go to college”? my grandmother fires off questions like this is an interrogation, not a family get together.

“Which question do you want me to answer first”? Anna asks sounding like a smart-aleck, which causes me and Logan to grin. But it earns more glares and grim faces from the family. 

My grandmother, who doesn’t look to thrilled, says, “Pick one but answer them all” she finishes her statement with a smirk. I guess she thinks Belle cant remember all the ones she asked.

Belle tilts her head, “I‘m seventeen, almost eighteen. I‘m home schooled due to an event that happened in ninth grade. I work at my mom‘s diner and yes I do plan to go to college. For what, I‘m not yet sure but I do want to go into the medical field.”

My grandmother’s smirk falls when Belle answers each question she fired off at her. I look down and smile. That’s my girl. 

“Foods ready”! says my mom. Wow she has weird, but great timing.

Belle’s POV (Right After dinner)

AHHhhhhh. I am so sick of the comments that Jace’s family are saying. They are calling me all kinds of names and saying that the only reason I’m with him is to get money. That they cant see what he sees in me, but I cant see that one either so I’m letting that one slide. I heard one of his cousins call me a slut. I am so tired of this. Jace is about to say something but I cut him off.

“ENOUGH!”  everyone looks at me with shocked faces, “I am not deaf, far from it! If you want to talk about me then tell to my face or where I wont find out about it. I don’t want or need Jace’s money. I honestly cant see what he sees in me either. Its kinda hard to be a slut when you’re a virgin. I’m home schooled because a guy wanted to take advantage of me and I said no then he started all kinds of rumors about me in school. They were bad enough that I had to leave and be home schooled. I’m sorry that I’m not good enough for Jace, but for some reason he like me. If you got a problem with it then take it somewhere else”! I exclaim, looking at the family member that made the comment. I feel angry tears start to fall down my face while his family, except his mom, dad and Logan, glare at me.

It was quiet for three minuets. But it felt so much longer. Finally someone broke the silence. Jace. 

“Love.”

His grandmother snaps her head towards him, “What”?

“Love. I don’t like Belle. I love her” he says standing up, wrapping his arm around me and pulling into his chest, “I love her. And if none of you can accept that then you can get out of my life. May we be excused Mom? Dad”? I look around and see them both smile and nod their heads. Jace starts to walk out of the dining room with me up against him. When I hear a chair scrape the floor.

“Anna is one of the best things to happen to Jace and myself. She’s like my sister and if cant accept her then you can get out of my life too. ” I turn and see Logan walk towards us. He puts a hand on my back and Jace, Logan and I walk out of the dining room and up to Jace’s room.

I love the men in my life. i think when my angry tears turn to happy tears.

______________________________________________________________________________

i am soooooooooooo sorry that i havent updated in a while. whoever said senior year was easy lied!! anyway i really dont like this chapter, what does everyone else think??

please comment, vote and fan!!