Diner Girl Chapter 6 (pic of Jace)

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off at 8:30. I roll over and turn it off, then prop myself on my elbows trying to remember why in the world I set it this early on a weekend. 

Then everything from last night comes flooding back into my mind. 

He kissed me last night! I start to flush as I remember the kiss. Yes, I know it was only on the cheek, but still!

I jump out of bed and go to take a quick shower. After my shower I put on a little powder foundation and a little mascara. I straighten my hair then pull it back into a ponytail. I go into my closet trying to find something to wear. We are supposed to paint today so I need old clothes so I don’t ruin my nicer clothes.

I look around in my closet for about five minuets before I find an old pair of jeans with holes in the knees and an old t-shirt. I grab my old New Balances(which are still in good condition) and head towards the kitchen so I can get breakfast.

I start hum ‘Who Says’ by Selena Gomez as I enter the kitchen. I set my shoes down by the counter and grab a bowl from the cabinet and set it on the counter. I look in the pantry and grab the box of Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch and the milk from the fridge and eat my cereal. 

About five minuets later I finish my cereal and put my dishes in the sink and head off to the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

I finish brushing my teeth and head back to the kitchen and put my shoes on. I look at the clock and it is now 9:55. Jace should be here in a bit. He had said around 10.

Not even a minuet later I hear a knock at the door. I run to answer it and when I open the door Jace is there, smiling. 

“Hey Belle, you ready to help me pick out paint”?

I sigh, “I guess” 

He smirks at my answer which makes me laugh. We start to walk out the door but I stop to leave a note for Mama, who is still sound asleep.

“Nice clothes, by the way” I say as we head out the door. He’s wearing and old pair of jeans with holes in the knees also and an old baseball t-shirt. Jace started playing for the high school when he was in 8th grade, or so I hear. He’s the best player on the team.

He laughs, “Yeah well yours look nice too.”

I laugh along with him until we reach his car. He stops at the passenger side and opens the door for me like he did last night.

I smile and step in, and he closes it after me. He walks around to his side and gets in and starts the car. He pulls out and it’s silent for a couple of minuets.

“So…” He says finally breaking the silence.

“Where are we going”? I ask.

“Lowes” 

“Ok. Do you have any idea what color you want”

“Mm, not really.”

“Seriously”? 

He starts to laugh, “Seriously.”

“Ok. Hey, do you mind if I turn the radio up”?

He looks at me from the corner of his eyes, “Sure.”

I turn the volume knob and Maroon 5 song ’She Will Be Loved’ starts on the opening lines…

Beauty queen of only eighteen

She had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her

She always belonged to someone else