Diner Girl Chapter 4

I wake up with a smile on my face. Last night was fun. After we ate we walked back to the diner and finished cleaning and talked some more. He told me about Maria and how they used to date and that he broke up with her after two days. He said she was to clingy and annoying. I got that out of the two minuets I saw her at the restaurant.

I get out of bed and get dressed and grab a granola bar and then head down the stairs. Jace is at the door so I go and open it with a smile on my face.

“Hey Belle. Why are you so happy”? he asks while smiling back at me.

“No reason.” I lie. There is no way I’m telling him I’m happy because we hung out last night. Oh, what am I saying? I cant be starting to like--

“Mm. I know your lying Belle” he replies with a smirk on his face

I look down trying to hide my blush when my phone beeps.

1 new message from Mama

Anna, I cant work today, I have a business meeting in the next town over and idk how long it will last so I need you to take care of the diner till I get back. Is Jace there yet?

Huh, I wonder why she didn’t tell me about the meeting.

Ok, I will and yes he’s here.

“Ok it look like it‘s just me and you today until my mom gets back” I say after I press send on my phone

“Ok. That‘s fine.” he replies with a grin an his face.

“Ok, lets get started on your training for today then. Since mama isn’t here, we are gonna switch the menu to something more simple since I‘ll be the one cooking.” I say.

“Ok. What‘s the simple menu”? Jace asks.

“All breakfast, it’s quicker and easier to fix.” 

“Cool”

“Yep. Can you put this sign in the window? That way people know that breakfast is all we‘re serving today.” I say while handing him the sign.

“Sure.” he turns and walks to put the sign in the window. I watch him walk towards the window and study his backside. Hmm, he must work out or something.

“Alright. I guess we should go ahead and continue training before we open”? he asks when he turns back towards me.

“Hm? Uh, yeah. We should” I answer somewhat embarrassed.

The next 45 minuets went by fast and he understood what I was saying and after we did a little trial run he did pretty good and I knew he could serve by himself. 

At 11 we opened and business was slow but then it started to pick and Jace and I were both rushing. But by 3 pm it started to calm down some where we only had like two people in the diner. I guess people didn’t want breakfast at this point in the day. Oh well. They will get over it. When last two people left I told Jace that I would be right back.

I went upstairs and grabbed a bag of chips and two Dr. Peppers and went back downstairs. 

“Hey. I thought we could use a snack.” I say when I reach the bottom of the stairs and see him sitting in a booth by the window.

“Yeah that‘s be great.” he replies glancing at me then out the window

“Um, Jace are you ok? You don’t seem like your all here.” I say as I take a seat across from him.

“Huh? Uh, yeah I‘m fine. I just…”

“You just…Jace are you sure your ok”? I ask worriedly.