Diner Girl Chapter 23

These today and yesterday were perfect! Now Jace and I are headed back to his house. He said that my mom said I could stay all weekend. We were gonna stay at the campsite all weekend but Logan called Jace and said that a real bad storm was coming. So we packed up and we are a few minuets from his house now.

“Thank you, Jace.” 

He turns and looks at me, eyebrow raised, “For what”?

“This weekend.”

He smiles and replies, “Your welcome. So what would you like to do now”?

“Um, I have no idea. I just wish it wasn’t raining.” I say thinking of the tropical depression or storm or whatever it is coming towards Louisiana. Well its on land now, I think, but the east side of the storm is the worst side and we are on the east of Louisiana.

“Yeah me to.” he says with a sigh, “We could always hole up in my room. Curl up on my bed, watch movies, eat popcorn, eat whatever my mom fixes for supper. How does that sound”?

I smile and nod my head, “Sounds perfect.”

We reach the house an Logan steps out from the back door getting all wet from the rain that started when Jace and I were talking. He walks towards me and wraps me in a huge hug.   “Ok, Logan? Can you put me down now or lessen you grip? I cant breathe”!

He laughs and lessens his grip, “Sorry, but I’m just so happy”!

Jace turns to us, “Then how about finding your own girlfriend and letting go of mine.”

“Ok, first of all, you know Anna is like my sister. Second of all, thanks to my sister,” he says winking at me, “I now have a girlfriend.” 

“She said ‘yes’”? I ask excitedly. I knew she would 

“Yep”!

“I‘m so happy for you”! I exclaim.

Logan laughs, “Yeah, I was gonna head to her house but since the weather is getting bad I don’t want to risk getting caught in it. So I’m stuck here.”

Jace rolls his eyes, “Great then you can help us unload all of this so we can get out of the rain and into some dry clothes.”

We get everything in and we start to head up to Jace’s room when Parks stops us.

“Hey yall.”

“Hey Dad.” “Hey sir” me and Jace answer at the same time.

Parks laughs, “well I guess yall got rained out.”

Jace answers, “Yeah, we‘re just gonna hang out in my room.”

“Alright. Supper should be ready soon.”

“Pizza”? Jace asks with an excited look on his face.

Parks laughs at his expression, “Yep, you know your mom is making it since it‘s raining. I got  some uh, work to do so yall have fun.” he says then walks upstairs.

Jace still looks like an excited little boy. “Ok why are you looking like that”?

“My mom makes the best pizza”!

“So whats the story bout the rain and pizza”?

“Huh, oh. When me and Logan were younger and it would be raining we would always be upset because we couldn‘t go outside and--”

“The only way to shut them up from whining was to make or for them to help me make pizza” says Johanna, smiling at her son, “I was actually going to go take a nap. Would you two like to make them instead. The dough is ready to be used, all you have to do is put what you want on them.”